1.    #1  
    What am I missing? I don't see the upgrade offer as being much of an incentive to upgrade. I've used a very poor product (Visor Phone) for over a year. I was expecting a real discount.
    Originally posted by tarheelblue
    What am I missing? I don't see the upgrade offer as being much of an incentive to upgrade. I've used a very poor product (Visor Phone) for over a year. I was expecting a real discount.
    bah. I don't think $150 is anything to sniff at. It's certainly more than some people were expecting. ...and the quality of the Vphone is subjective, some folk like it.
  3.    #3  
    I don't see it as $150 off. I see it as giving me the option of not going with Cingular.
    Think of it this way: You can buy a treo for the price with activation, and if you don't really want it, you can turn right around and sell it for some price in between what you paid and the $550 it would otherwise cost. I wouldn't be surprised to see an active ebay market on these from VP owners who don't REALLY want one, but will buy it anyway because of the discount. I think it's entirely possible that people will be willing to pay say, $475-$500 for a non-activated treo.

Of course, I actually plan on KEEPING mine.

I don't see it as $150 off. I see it as giving me the option of not going with Cingular.
    Here is my quandry ...

I currently use a Visorphone with a Prism. I don't want to give up my color capability just to move to an integrated form factor. I am waiting for the color Treo, but will I have an opportunity to take advantage of the offer when they finally release the 270 in Q2??
    I definitely agree.............. I've been using my visor phone with my Deluxe and my Prism for about a 9 months. Needless to say................... I love it !!!!................ I want to migrate to the new Treo...... but I'm stuck on Color and will be waiting for the Color model of the Treo to come out.............. Hopefully, I will still be able to cash in on the Visor Phone discount.............. If not............. Then I'll still be using my Visor Phone with my Prism............... Gotta Love it.................................

See ya,
    "J"
    That's right I'm Bad!!!!!!
    Originally posted by JazeeJ
    I'm stuck on Color and will be waiting for the Color model of the Treo to come out.............. Hopefully, I will still be able to cash in on the Visor Phone discount
    The current offer is only good for 3 weeks. Now, you might get another VP owner's offer for color, but I'd bet not.
    Jeff
    I use it everyday it works just as good as my $400 nokia phone did !!! my whole family is on voicestream so visorphone goes to wife when treo comes,when the color model comes out the son gets visorphone,wife gets treo I get color treo and so on it will go... by the why I works that way with computers too!! the important thing is everybody stays HAPPY!!

Married with children......and happy!!
    I LOVE the color on my Prism and Visorphone. However, paying an extra $200.00 for a color Treo vs. the b/w version is just too much. How much is the color version going to be? Something like $599? That's crazy - I don't care how great the screen will look.

I'm making the switch back to b/w with the Treo. I can get close to the $399 price by selling my Prism, v-phone, memplug, and keyboard. I'll spend my extra $200 on something else.
    What am I missing? I don't see the upgrade offer as being much of an incentive to upgrade.
    I definetly see this as an upgrade incentive. By nature of this discount, the value of your VP has gone up. Sell it to someone interested in upgrading.

I had expected to either Extend my contract or pay full price $549. This is a great incentive to upgrade AND still keep the VP.
    Do you really think you can get $399 for a Visor Prism and phone and accessories? People can get a new Prism with free phone for $299 right?

Myself, I'm going to wait for the color one and see if they drop the price on the 180 in 6 months and then decide.
    I don't think I'll get $399 for my stuff, but I should get close, if you include the Prism, Stowaway, Visorphone, Memplug, and 64 meg Smartmedia card. Go buy my stuff at ebay right now. ;-)

There is no way I am waiting for the color version - way too expensive for what you get. I could buy a new desktop for that price.
    Last edited by heberman; 02/14/2002 at 04:06 PM.
    Hah! I already have a Prism and VisorPhone so I don't need to buy yours on eBay. What do you think just a Prism, VP, two USB cradles, and two carrying cases would go for? Maybe $199?

I sure wish the Treo was $299 instead.