1.    #1  
    Ok, here's a list of demands (or at least wishes) for the non-handspring folks to fill in the gaps..

Software
    • I've already mentioned hacks
    • Another hack: Radio management. Palm can set a schedule to turn the i705 on and off, I want it on the Treo
    • A cheap hack: making a tiny graffiti area on the screen for kb versions.
    • I may add to this wish list when I get it...

Hardware
    • Stowaway.
    • Stowaway.
    • Stowaway.
    • An emergency charger (since we can't buy 2nd batteries)
    • Cradle. Listen, folks. I understand that Handspring is trying to make the Treo feel more like a phone and is therefore including a cable instead of a cradle. But I want the cradle. Please.
    • Treo-Visor adapter? Maybe I don't need all new accessories...
    • Backup Plug for the bottom, like this. This is a must have.
    • Case. Handspring's... well.. blows. We need better, with a belt clip.

...anything else on people's wish lists?
    I'm hoping for a back-up plug too. Once again, I urge people to e-mail Handspring to ask them to develop one.

What would be the difference between the emergency charger you'd like to see and the travel charger that comes with the Treo?
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by burningyen
    What would be the difference between the emergency charger you'd like to see and the travel charger that comes with the Treo?
    Emergency charger works on batteries.
    I've spoken to one of the Handspring staff when they came to Singapore recently, and I asked whether there would be any expansion at all for the Treo... and... he told me that the developers are already working on them...

So, I guess by the time the rest of the world has heard of Treo, those expansion "modules" will be available

Cheers.
    :shortcut: my little webby
    I still love my Visor Prism
    If the Treo catch on, I have no doubt that third party support will follow.
    Originally posted by yardie
    If the Treo catch on, I have no doubt that third party support will follow.
    They might want to talk to some of the springboard developers - see how they feel now after jumping on Handsprings bandwagon
    Well the Springboard manufacturers weren't makign any money anyways. A lot of the cool and truly useful Springboards either did not make it to market or wasn't manufactured for very long.

I think for the most part, current apps can be modified to support the features in SmartPhones such as the Treo. You are already seeing that with apps like Action Names Datebook.

Originally posted by xstitcher

They might want to talk to some of the springboard developers - see how they feel now after jumping on Handsprings bandwagon
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn [*]Cradle. Listen, folks. I understand that Handspring is trying to make the Treo feel more like a phone and is therefore including a cable instead of a cradle. But I want the cradle. Please.
    Looks like Handspring is already working on this.
  9.    #9  
    Well, my frustration over the inability to customize the "option +" Main buttons has led me to install a couple of hacks. I highly recommend them:

• Power Launch: allows you to map your launcher to the power button. This counteracts the "flip=speeddial," b/c you can just hit the powerbutton before you open the flip.
    • AppHack: allows you to launch multiple apps with a combination of buttons

..Now to sit back and wait for treo-specific 3rd party solutions.