1.    #1  
    Sprint's 1st 4G phone will be a Palm WebOS phone and come out next summer (hopefully). What if Palm was just buying time with the Pre and to a lesser extent the Pixi to make it to the 4G launch on Sprint. Sprint and Palm have a good relationship, if they could come out with a Pre2 type device with data plans cheaper than 3G on Verizon and ATT they would have a huge WIN. Sprint might actually be smart to keep palm to itself for another year.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    No offense, but Palm is barely surviving. If they are "buying time" then they deserve to go out of business.

Most of the Android phones have the code to run 4G if I understand correctly, so I'm thinking android is a good bet for 4G first, this isn't to say Palm can't create what is needed for 4G. My understanding is the first phones using 4G will be out sometime in middle 2010.
    sprint has 4g almost complete in some cities already i believe
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Sprint: Meet the 3G/4G Card
    actually its up in more places than i thought
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpilot172 View Post
    Sprint's 1st 4G phone will be a Palm WebOS phone and come out next summer (hopefully).
    Hi! Is this speculation, or do you have a source you can link/cite? I ask, because when I went in the Sprint store near North Point Mall about three weeks ago, every staff member was wearing an "Ask me about 4G" button, and I overheard the guy telling two other customers that they would have their first 4G phones in January. I piped up and asked him if it would be a Pre, and he was all, "Well, I don't know about that," with a look on his face that seemed to imply that it wouldn't.
  6.    #6  
    Just speculation/hoping. It may be the only thing that can really save Palm. I love my Pre, and right now I see no other OS that is any better overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpilot172 View Post
    Just speculation/hoping. It may be the only thing that can really save Palm. I love my Pre, and right now I see no other OS that is any better overall.
    I'm not sure the mainstream cares about 4G too much. Certainly sprint should focus on it though.

What Palm should worry about is getting some popular form factors out aimed at the high end. Along with improving webOS.
    I have a sprint 4g card. it is insanely fast. sprint has had 3g for 5 years. 4g is up in over 16 metropolitan areas. I can't really talk much about what sprint showed me in KC yet but change is coming. people WILL care about 4g. When they see how fast their friend's phone is, and what it can do, they will be angry because their phone can't do the same.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    you got my attention, merchantofdoom!
    Quote Originally Posted by MerchantofDoom View Post
    I have a sprint 4g card. it is insanely fast. sprint has had 3g for 5 years. 4g is up in over 16 metropolitan areas. I can't really talk much about what sprint showed me in KC yet but change is coming. people WILL care about 4g. When they see how fast their friend's phone is, and what it can do, they will be angry because their phone can't do the same.
    your not allowed to say " I can't tell you what so and so said" that's against the forum laws man . Buck up and give us something please !!!! Ha ha ha lol j/k . It would be nice though.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I love my ol pre as well.
    A Pre2 would be nice with 4G. I don't mine being a beta tester for WebOS with my Pre. I love this @#$% phone!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I can't wait for 4g, my 3g is nearly as fast as my cable modem, I live ''at the end of the line'' but there is a sprint tower just off the property line, so when they turn 4g on I'm saying bye-bye to time warner!