1.    #1  
    I'd like to see PreCentral.net covering this:

Palm Pixi lands Nov. 15, indicates a third webOS device

I want to know what that third device is, and an estimate on when they intend to release it.

The above link, plus this bit of information from PreCentral.net:

So the P120/P121VZW must be an upgrade Pre of some variety, and the only logical conclusion is that it has more memory, likely 16 GB instead of the current 8 GB. So will Verizon get an updated Pre? Probably, but so will Sprint (and probably Bell), so we can all relax, be happy, and store more.

Source: Rumor (Redux): Verizon to get Updated Pre

... is really making me curious about the next Palm announcement!
    palm lost there chance with verizon, verizon is now pushing the droid, and who in there right mind will buy a pre in the next 2 months on verizon when most likly the successor to the pre will be released 4 months after.
    Let the speculation begin...
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
  4.    #4  
    Your mileage may vary, Young HoV 718, but based on my experience, I can't wait to leave Verizon.

My husband wanted to look at the Droid Eris, so we went by the local Verizon store today. Tried that, the Droid, and the Storm 2. The screen-only keyboard on the Storm 2 is terribly imprecise. I have tiny fingers and found it very difficult to type. I can't imagine anyone with normal-to-large hands getting good results from it.

The Droid ... ye gods. It feels really cheap and flimsy, and the UI is awkward. Very non-intuitive. I've been working with computers for 26 years and I couldn't figure out how to go back in the browser. The price I saw listed was $259, and I'm assuming that's with a fresh two year contract. The plastic felt so cheesy that the tactile impression was that of something you'd get out of a Happy Meal box. Very unpleasant.

I'm saying this as someone who doesn't yet own a smartphone, by the way. I've been watching things closely. The iPhone is really too big for my hands (remember the tiny fingers part mentioned above), and with all the bad press that AT&T has received over its mobile customer service, I wouldn't have a contract with them if you paid me. I want to get away from Verizon. Given these two options, Sprint is looking very good to me.

I'm strongly considering a Pre, but given the rumor mill, I am hesitant to purchase until we have more information, because it sounds like Palm is preparing to roll something out.
    [QUOTE=Katharine;2022475]I want to get away from Verizon. Given these two options, Sprint is looking very good to me.[QUOTE]

I think sprint is the best carrrier out there right now. Best 3g speeds and pricing. you will enjoy it
    I think sprint is the best carrrier out there right now. Best 3g speeds and pricing. you will enjoy it
    It's hard to beat the price plans of Sprint and I've always had great coverage with Sprint. Been with them for 10+ yrs and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    i think the next web os phone will be an iphone type device....

like a big screen with only virtual keyboards making the phone thinner and what not

I think that would be an amazing line up of phones for palm
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdaballa View Post
    i think the next web os phone will be an iphone type device....

like a big screen with only virtual keyboards making the phone thinner and what not

I think that would be an amazing line up of phones for palm
    this is something i would like however alot of ppl say it wont happen since palms whole thing is physical keyboards
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Since Palm is done with WinMo, I think the next device will be the Treo Pro's successor. I'm hoping for a slightly larger Pixi with the Pre's guts or better.
    sprint def has great service for me, great data, awesome phone selection, and the prices just blow everyone else away.

i have a 24% discount and pay 66 bucks a month and I have pretty much an unlimited plan so how can I complain, and of course, i have the Pre which I LOVE so far, and am patient and excited for all the updates to come, the phone is only limited by it's hardware they could literally put out an update and change the entire phone it seems
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post
    this is something i would like however alot of ppl say it wont happen since palms whole thing is physical keyboards
    Palm's whole thing used to be calendar & PIMs..but you see where that went.
    personally what I would like to see other then the iPhone style pre, is a pre with slightly bigger screen, and a landscape keyboard like the droid....
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    I make everyone use my pre, and they all say, I think I would prefer a landscape keyboard, then get a phone with one and ***** about it, many have since returned them and gotten a pre. Portrait keyboard is the way to go, having the virtual keyboard landscape, priceless. I need a check from palm for all the commission they owe me, sprint is paid up, gotta love the referal program! And yeah, sprint is the best one out there for me, maybe you too, I've had sprint 10yrs and had maybe 3 dropped calls, had att(used the redial more than the call button)verizon ( bosses always *****ed about the bills being wrong)and a buncha companies that don't exist anymore for work phones and prefer sprint. I hope sprint and palm stay close, and release each phone on sprint 1st, having the premier plan I get a new phone every yr anyways
    I really hope they go to a larger screen. I will not buy another phone with a screen this small. I am split on the portrait/landscape keyboard, I can go either way but I a starting to lean towards landscape. The Pre's keyboard is surprisingly usable but a larger one would certainly be welcome. The hardware has to be of higher quality all around. From actual engineering to materials. For this to be a flagship phone the build quality is horrible. I played with a Droid the other day and that puppy felt very solid. If they improved the keyboard, slapped WebOS on it I would buy it in a heartbeat.