1.    #1  
    Picture side one: Full touch screen. Each side has a gesture area in the center (e.g. The edges on all four sides are gesture areas) No ear speaker, no mic, no center buttons = mostly all screen. Perfect for browsing the web, media, & reading text. Software keyboard - landscape & virtical.

Flip the phone over (accelerometer activates other screen - but can lock one screen to stay on w/ software)

Picture Side Two - Blackberry bold type keyboard. Screen size could be smaller than pixi (wouldn't matter b/c reverse side). Camera lens & flash, ear speaker, mic on this side. AND treo type d-pad surrounded by gesture area. Perfect for power typers (email, messaging, editing documents).

No sliders & best of both form factors in one phone.

Palm Paradox - A paradox is a statement or group of statements that leads to a contradiction or a situation which defies intuition. The term is also used for an apparent contradiction that actually expresses a non-dual truth. Typically, either the statements in question do not really imply the contradiction, the puzzling result is not really a contradiction, or the premises themselves are not all really true or cannot all be true together.
    Sounds kind of interesting, but I don't think I'd like having to flip my phone over to use my physical keyboard. ha
    I think in order to make this work, the phone would have to be really big.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by calsccr9 View Post
    I think in order to make this work, the phone would have to be really big.
    Ya...I'm definitely not an egineer. Would have to use a non-removable battery. I was thinking about the size of a BB Bold. Maybe a bit thicker. But, the idea behind the large screen and perfect keyboard is to achieve a true mini computer. I think many power users would sacrifice in the size deptartment.

The cool thing is there is nothing else out there like this concept. Palm would be the first.
  5.    #5  
    Bump - Because I still dream about this form factor.
    Interesting and pretty cool concept. I can see flipping the phone to type if I did a bunch of texting, but then it does lose something multitasking wise if you flip over and want to browse at the same time. Sorli...
    Samsung Upstage? sort of... (not enough posts to do links)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrecat21 View Post
    Samsung Upstage? sort of... (not enough posts to do links)
    I was just thinking that but here's a pic http://www.iccwireless.com/Sprintpho...ng-upstage.jpg
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I had the Samsung Upstage which was basically like what you're describing... However, I don't think this would work for a smartphone. I'm not sure they would be able to fit everything they need into the phone while having a screen on both sides and a keyboard. Although the Upstage was a pretty popular phone, I think it was only so because of it's small form factor.