Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I made a quick Mockup of what I think the next webOS phone will be. Mainly targeted at the business users, with all the guts and glory from the Pre, but in a more Treo like form factor. The mockup is basically a Treo Pro with a slightly enlarged Pixi screen (same resolution) and all buttons removed and replaced by a gesture area.

Release this puppy at a good price point and give the blackberry Tour/Bold/Curve a run for their money.

http://home.comcast.net/~nick_del_gr...webOS-treo.jpg

Not really sure what they will call it. The Treo name holds a lot of marketing power, but I have a feeling it will be another "P" name.

I made a similar mockup of what I though the Pixi was going to look like and I was pretty close.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    What about Preo? The Pre without an Oreo. =)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    What about Preo? The Pre without an Oreo. =)
    The Preo. LOL
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    damnit i was going to say preo!
    Nice render...:-)

How about the Proxi? A proxy is the authority to work on the behalf of another.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Proxi would also be a cool name.
    Can I place an order for this? ;-p
    isnt that the pixi
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Looks like half Pre half Pixi.

Prixi.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts

Prixi.
    I think the best thing about the Pre is its form factor. You just can't get a full usable portrait keyboard and a full screen in a compact size. There are no equivalent devices and I don't see how Palm could even top that.

What it does need is a bigger battery and of course better build quality. If they can miniaturize the electronics even further and give more space to the battery it would be ideal.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post

Prixi.
    Cool.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    What I want to see is a solid build of metal and glass. They can retain the Pre form factor but make it really sturdy.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    nice mockup... I'd love to see a good landscape mockup, too. Who's good with photoshop? This kind of speculation - form factor - is really fun...
    I see more and more business users with iPhones - I really think the next Pre can't move backwards in their screen size. I personally would more interested in the basic Pre form factor, but slightly larger and a bit thinner, without the center button.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty BK View Post
    nice mockup... I'd love to see a good landscape mockup, too. Who's good with photoshop? This kind of speculation - form factor - is really fun...
    Do you mean a landscape Pre or Pixi? A landscape Pixi would make the device extermely long with a decently sized screen.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I see more and more business users with iPhones - I really think the next Pre can't move backwards in their screen size. I personally would more interested in the basic Pre form factor, but slightly larger and a bit thinner, without the center button.
    The enterprise is still dominated by the Blackberry devices. A webOS device with a Treo like form factor could replace those devices. It is still difficult to replace these with devices that don't have a physical keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    What I want to see is a solid build of metal and glass. They can retain the Pre form factor but make it really sturdy.
    Yep, I'm right there with you, Jewel. It's fine with me if it looks identical to the current issue -- I like the size -- but I'd prefer more durable build quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    The enterprise is still dominated by the Blackberry devices. A webOS device with a Treo like form factor could replace those devices. It is still difficult to replace these with devices that don't have a physical keyboard.
    I agree, up to a point. But the iPhone is becoming more popular over time, even with business users:

The iPhone dons a suit and tie - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Brainstorm Tech

The Pre form factor allows for both the physical keyboard and the larger screen, if made to look like more of a "professional" device.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I'd like as large a screen as possible, and I think I'd prefer the physical keybd, so maybe a Pixi-sized device, all screen (no center button) with a landscape slider. Somebody mock it up!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast