Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    so i was one of the people with the lost all data from the profile and mine was not the version issue, mine was actually still there just would not send to the phone. i recieved many escalated calls. then an "engineer" called me from palm and we talked for a few and he slipped, the next treo design is on its way, basically a treo pro with gesture and pre internals, how ever the chip wont be underclocked. i am stokked. i just hope he wasnt talking outta his ***. he did say "there is a rendering on precentral forums and its dead on" but that palm wont consider releasing it till doc to go and a backup fix is completed for business class users. but time will tell, im still skeptical till ces hits
    You know what'll be cool? If Palm does indeed to go with a build like this for the next gen Pre, why not have HTC produce it like they did with the Treo Pro? They might not see as much profit after manufacturing, but they certainly won't hear us beotch about build quality. Personally, I think HTC makes some pretty good phones.

Off topic toyotast165 - I own a st185! Converted to RC/CS spec.
    Mr.Cid
    Palm Pilot 5000 =>
    Palm Tungsten T5 =>
    Sony CLIÉ TJ27 =>
    Palm Treo 755p =>
    Palm Prē & HP Touchpad
    cool beans with the 185, i got rid of my 165, regretting it everyday and want another. im running a aw11 s/c for sumer fun now, when im not on the bike. had a 185, liked the ammenaties but the 65 will always have my heart lol. my newest project is a 90 toy pickup, 6in suspension, 3in body, 1ton torsions, gm 1500 springs w/helpers, 37x13x15 tsl boggers on 12in wide rimms, buildin another 22 for it and oh yeah a pre holster fixed to the dash lol actually molding the instrament panel of a mk3 supra into the factory dash and debating molding the touchstone into it
    Sad to hear about the 165 man. Mine's been down for a while. Still haven't found the time to finish my GT35 build. Built motor, 1mm oversized valves, shimless buckets, custom FMIC and exhaust and a bunch of other crap. But I've always had an eye on the 22R p/u. Sounds like you're going crawling with that thing. Good luck with it. I've thought about actually hardwiring touchstone and setting up like a custom mount on my dd. Kinda like my radar detector.
    Mr.Cid
    Palm Pilot 5000 =>
    Palm Tungsten T5 =>
    Sony CLIÉ TJ27 =>
    Palm Treo 755p =>
    Palm Prē & HP Touchpad
    yeah i put 5.29 gearing in it, it definitly crawls...right now living in upstate ny, and i mean upstate (Adirondacks) im enjoying not having to shovel more than anything else! lol the motor in it has over 500k on it and would you believe the rings are starting to go! its getting ground up and im going 90 over with the pig. just deciding weather or not to s/c it, have a ct26 sitting here and manifold and hating how when i go 4ft deep into the muck the ecu shorts,and my check engine light goes on lol
    can get more power carbed with these blocks for the $ though so the real debate is do i want to charge it or do i go for higher compression and high test fuel, but its a daily rig so the debate looms

buddy had a 185 w/ a fully built 3s Frankenstein w/ a ct60 and man oh man that was a trip, the lag seemed like forever squeezing the steering wheel anticipating the boost and wham! crab walk! whoaaa! that thing was soooo freaking fun! and the lag wasnt bad, it was the anticipation of it which made it feel like it was.

we learned how to rally from taking beaters down 4wheeler trails and looking back doing 5mph through the same trails we are always like "what were we thinking back then doing 50-70 through here!"
    Good god! 500K?? It's a true testament to the quality of these motors! You guys do get burried over there. I'm in Chicago, but when I watch the news with shots of upstate NY being dumped with 3 feet of snow, I'd definitely want some big ole 37" boggers. As far as upping the balls on your rig, that's a pretty tough decision. You've got the 26 sitting there, so there's some savings. But charging will eventually cause issues. That thing will be spinning so hard when you're crawling that the heat might kill that bulletproof block. But imagine the instant power/torque you'd get with smaller snail. I'm sure somebody's stuck a turbo diesel on these. As far as higher compression, you're right, it's more expensive, aaaand you'd need more expensive gas.

Did this buddy of yours have a 5sgte? I was thinking about going budget stroker, but I didn't have the patience to gather all the parts, and just wanted to put her together. I'm not aiming for too much, around 450-500whp or so. I have the 3576, I know I could go more, and in case I get too happy, I'll step into a 40-42 without too many issues. The lag is there, but isn't too bad to warrant a step down.

Rallying would be awesome! But I don't wanna give her too much of a hard time. Unless I find another 185!
    Mr.Cid
    Palm Pilot 5000 =>
    Palm Tungsten T5 =>
    Sony CLIÉ TJ27 =>
    Palm Treo 755p =>
    Palm Prē & HP Touchpad
    not sure if he had a 5s Frankenstein, think it was a 205 head, cant remember, i do know i had to help him pull his spare 205 tranny out to take pics to sell, lol not light! and you got that right on not rallying yours he had 3 165s and 2 185s, one of each was setup as fully loaded rocket and the others were built for the track.

the diesel conversions are rampant, but costs about the same to just build a gas block. i was looking through my stuff and found a ct24 from a 22rte too! forgot i had it, lol. pretty set on just going 90 over and carbing it, put a wild cam in there and a whole lotta head work(remove swirl, crossflow, deck it and put some big valves in there). i got 5 spare 22r motors and they are dirt cheap to build so i think im just gunna do that. not sure though, buddy just gave me gmv8 motor mounts and i have a 350 so the debate continues lol
    Last edited by toyotast165; 12/18/2009 at 02:31 AM. Reason: *too cold to fiberglass, it isnt even zero here lol
    lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    ok, so the redux pre and pixi w/ wifi are hinted @ yet again on engadet, and I can't help but laugh. I mean webos in Spanish means testicles and the names of the new phones might be pre plus and pixi plus???? So the initials of the new phones are op P-P???? Lol palm is putting their balls and p-p's in our hands???? Lol I'm sorry but I am just too immature I guess! Lol p-p's, testies and palm it just makes me laugh lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    I'll also take the largest screen possible, plus wi-fi and a great keyboard including a dedicated comma key: Think Nokia E71. A little less curvy and shiny would also appeal to this "business user": Think Nokia E61, among others.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Well, I can attest to the durability of the pre. I dropped mine from the stairway of a 767 onto the tarmac, shattered into 3 pieces, the cover, the battery and the phone all went there separate ways. The touchscreen doesn't work, cracked that, but by using the keypad, I can do almost everything. (And my replacement is on the way!!) I love this phone. My friend dropped his iphone from 4 feet and it shattered the glass screen.

All of my peers have the iphone, and I resisted to get the iphone buster. I think it is great to be able to work with the developers to get the programs you need. You can't email the shopping list guy for the iphone to help. We are all beta testers anyway if you use windows. Why not be part of the best os, palm is smart for doing it this way.

Happy new year....
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atkpilot1 View Post
    Well, I can attest to the durability of the pre. I dropped mine from the stairway of a 767 onto the tarmac, shattered into 3 pieces, the cover, the battery and the phone all went there separate ways. The touchscreen doesn't work, cracked that, but by using the keypad, I can do almost everything. (And my replacement is on the way!!) I love this phone. My friend dropped his iphone from 4 feet and it shattered the glass screen.

All of my peers have the iphone, and I resisted to get the iphone buster. I think it is great to be able to work with the developers to get the programs you need. You can't email the shopping list guy for the iphone to help. We are all beta testers anyway if you use windows. Why not be part of the best os, palm is smart for doing it this way.

Happy new year....
    what do you fly?

EDIT: i suppose you fly a 767...
    i don't like landscape key board they should just make the pre with a faster processor and a 1/4 inch longer and wider so the querty key has more space and the screen would be a little bigger.

the other idea is just make one that looks just like a palm hand held pda,no querty keyboard. then it would have a really big screen like the iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I made a quick Mockup of what I think the next webOS phone will be. Mainly targeted at the business users, with all the guts and glory from the Pre, but in a more Treo like form factor. The mockup is basically a Treo Pro with a slightly enlarged Pixi screen (same resolution) and all buttons removed and replaced by a gesture area.

Release this puppy at a good price point and give the blackberry Tour/Bold/Curve a run for their money.

http://home.comcast.net/~nick_del_gr...webOS-treo.jpg

Not really sure what they will call it. The Treo name holds a lot of marketing power, but I have a feeling it will be another "P" name.

I made a similar mockup of what I though the Pixi was going to look like and I was pretty close.
    umm...that's basically the pixi in that photo. i don't know if we will see a new device but i have a feeling a BIG update is coming to the pre and pixi to unlock the gpu and alot of features.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    umm...that's basically the pixi in that photo. i don't know if we will see a new device but i have a feeling a BIG update is coming to the pre and pixi to unlock the gpu and alot of features.
    It's actually a Treo Pro, which is quite a bit bigger than the Pixi.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    hmmm i really hope that "engineer" puck wasnt blowin smoke. i hope it just got pushed back, damn palm and their secrets!
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I'll take one. Seems most pre users use there phone in slider open position anyhow so why not a pre size screen with pixi form. Ok so it is a little longer but still shorter than pre with slider open
    I wonder if this is the c40 that showed up on sprint inventory list. With how good palm is with secrecy I wouldn't be surprised.
    Palm prē-ist.
    I'd love to see this form factor with WebOS!

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/5390/ux50.jpg
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
  20. puggo63
    I think in addition to new phones, Palm needs to think of better names. Seriously I think calling a phone "Pixi" sounds well...wimpy! What's next, Thumbalina??? LOL. Palm also needs at least 5 different WebOS based phones out there on various carriers. Just having 2 phones in this warp speed changing phone market is a little too dangerous for a company.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast