Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I say take that same device in the mockup but have the screen come all the way down to the keyboard and utilize a *soft* gesture area. That way it'd function similar to the pixi but would have an option for a larger screen. Perhaps double tap the orange key to enable/disable the gesture area.
    I like that mockup more than the pre! Years of 650,centro, 700, and 755 use and missing them. Love the pre, but loved the pro even more..... Ok maybe not, it had wimo
    I would take that over a Pre anyday
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

4.    #24  
    How about 800x480 for the display? Since the screen will be bigger than the Pixi they might be able to cram that many pixels into the display.

I see the Pre 2 definitely having a 960x480 display which will be slightly bigger than the current Pre display.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BoraWare View Post
    I say take that same device in the mockup but have the screen come all the way down to the keyboard and utilize a *soft* gesture area. That way it'd function similar to the pixi but would have an option for a larger screen. Perhaps double tap the orange key to enable/disable the gesture area.
    I like this idea, i always thought about something like this, i'd like the extra screen space. I think it would be difficult to implement tho, and would get to complex for the avg user to put up with. If there is a way for to pull it off in an intuitive and simple way i'd snatch it up. I not a huge fan of slider phones, i miss the solid feel of a solid phone with no moving parts.
    I've come back to that rendering again and again, I really want one!
    they should call it the palm "chode"
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

january 7th 2010 we will see the next palm device is my bet lol
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I'd buy that in a heartbeat if it had all the power/features of the Pre.

All I want is a candybar Pre, Palm.

Oh, and a microSD slot.
  10. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    What I want to see is a solid build of metal and glass. They can retain the Pre form factor but make it really sturdy.
    No way. They should make the entire casing out of depleted uranium.
    biz friends of mine have purchased the iphone,, and its strictly because of the gotta have the latest factor... one of them had it for one whole day.. busted screen... up here its rogers... that handles it.. well bell just got the new one.. but mostly its rogers.. i was in picking up a bt for my wife today.. my pre rang.. the rogers people spent almost half an hour playing with my pre.. they both said they wanted rogers to get the pre... lol most of my biz friends admit,, the pre out does their iphone even with limited apps..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    No way. They should make the entire casing out of depleted uranium.
    well if you dont want to have kids any time soon or dont mind the extra eyes or arms sureeeeeeeeeeeee depleted uranium is the way to go .lolol
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty BK View Post
    I'd like as large a screen as possible, and I think I'd prefer the physical keybd, so maybe a Pixi-sized device, all screen (no center button) with a landscape slider. Somebody mock it up!
    Completely agree with you! http://forums.precentral.net/future-...ce-should.html
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I made a quick Mockup of what I think the next webOS phone will be. Mainly targeted at the business users, with all the guts and glory from the Pre, but in a more Treo like form factor. The mockup is basically a Treo Pro with a slightly enlarged Pixi screen (same resolution) and all buttons removed and replaced by a gesture area.

Release this puppy at a good price point and give the blackberry Tour/Bold/Curve a run for their money.

http://home.comcast.net/~nick_del_gr...webOS-treo.jpg

Not really sure what they will call it. The Treo name holds a lot of marketing power, but I have a feeling it will be another "P" name.

I made a similar mockup of what I though the Pixi was going to look like and I was pretty close.
    That looks pretty darn good. I'd basically like a more expensive top of the line hardware Pixi.
    Unless Palm can get a better entire phone pulled together, I believe the next name will be "Piece of ****"! And I used to really believe in and like Palm's devices.
    so i was one of the people with the lost all data from the profile and mine was not the version issue, mine was actually still there just would not send to the phone. i recieved many escalated calls. then an "engineer" called me from palm and we talked for a few and he slipped, the next treo design is on its way, basically a treo pro with gesture and pre internals, how ever the chip wont be underclocked. i am stokked. i just hope he wasnt talking outta his ***. he did say "there is a rendering on precentral forums and its dead on" but that palm wont consider releasing it till doc to go and a backup fix is completed for business class users. but time will tell, im still skeptical till ces hits
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    so i was one of the people with the lost all data from the profile and mine was not the version issue, mine was actually still there just would not send to the phone. i recieved many escalated calls. then an "engineer" called me from palm and we talked for a few and he slipped, the next treo design is on its way, basically a treo pro with gesture and pre internals, how ever the chip wont be underclocked. i am stokked. i just hope he wasnt talking outta his ***. he did say "there is a rendering on precentral forums and its dead on" but that palm wont consider releasing it till doc to go and a backup fix is completed for business class users. but time will tell, im still skeptical till ces hits

Maybe mine?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    I'd like as large a screen as possible, and I think I'd prefer the physical keybd, so maybe a Pixi-sized device, all screen (no center button) with a landscape slider. Somebody mock it up!
    nice mockup... I'd love to see a good landscape mockup, too. Who's good with photoshop? This kind of speculation - form factor - is really fun...
    i posted this in one of the older pixi threads.
    Would love for it to have alert icons that light up near the top by earpeice.
    screen from the HD2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    I'd still like to see the basic formfactor, perhaps a bit larger but thinner (to incorporate a larger screen), but keeping the vertical slider. The Droid has shown that you can be as thin as an iPhone while maintaining a physical KB.

Keeping it vertical will differentiate it from the Droid, Moment and other devices (and I tend to type quicker when I don't have as much KB real estate to travel.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I think a pre with a Palm tx mix with both OS would be nice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast