1.    #1  
    A different view of Palm's market position. Seems like all the company news has been bad recently with all the talk of stock downgrades, etc.

PALM: Sell, Hold or Buy?
    I would buy anytime now, its very good potential stock that has been as high as around $17 last month, I made a profit off it in a short sale
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I have a feeling that buying would be a good idea.
    But then again, I'm still very young and don't play with stocks.
    considering the bad news, the downgrades, the debt i think they still have, the reports of mediocre bell sale & the lack luster euro launch, the lack of insiders buying stock (last i saw was 9/22), and the tons of competition coming into the market i think it's tough to pull the trigger now. Right now i'm not seeing any good news on the horizon that will move the stock. if you profited significantly from buying now anytime soon i'd congratulate you. That would be a well timed buy. But who knows maybe this is the bottom of the fall. good luck.
    personally... i wouldnt buy at this level... i actually think it will go single digit.

look at RIMM!!! now thats a crazy bargain if you believe in the company and they sell a ton of phones... but looking forward they need a new OS. They kept commenting last year where Apple was not an issue but they showed that the "style" of phone and the UI is an issue and their OS is super dated. What a waste of opportunity with the Storm platform with a UI like that on it.

i wanna buy into rimm because i think it's super cheap right now... but afraid to do it for the reason i just mentioned... their sales may level off because of so much new product from other platforms.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    personally... i wouldnt buy at this level... i actually think it will go single digit.

look at RIMM!!!
    on that note, at this moment i'd consider apple before Palm, simply because it's a well run company, that's cash rich, with a market leading product, and consistently beating earnings expectations. It however is near a 52 week high but unlike Palm there's almost no risk that it will lose 40% anytime soon. I could see palm falling to 7 or 8. i don't think it will short of more bad news or really good news from the android camp but i think there risk of palm is greater then that of apple at the moment.
    buy low sell high. If you bought stock when it was $1 than now's still a good time to sell. If you buy than just hold on to it until Palm hits another high, no matter how long that takes to be more. All you have to do to succeed is not sell when your stocks are worth less than you bought then for. The only exception being if you know the companies going under.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    buy low sell high. If you bought stock when it was $1 than now's still a good time to sell. If you buy than just hold on to it until Palm hits another high, no matter how long that takes to be more. All you have to do to succeed is not sell when your stocks are worth less than you bought then for. The only exception being if you know the companies going under.
    no gaurantee that it will go up though long term. If you bought it in May of 2000 you'd probably think you got a great deal at 144 especially when it went to 400+. The problem is if your plan was to "not sell when your stock are worth less then you bought them for" you would have had to sell them within a year because after that the stock never got that high again. It fell from 451 to 10 in less then a year. Point is buying and holding it in the long term is not guarantee. And you can find similar stories for a ton of companies over a ten year period like Microsoft, Coca Cola, etc. None of which when under. But long term if you bought at the wrong time you lost. So i wouldn't just assume it will go up or won't fail.

on a sided note:
    looking at the chart it's seems to have some resistance in the 10.70 cent range so possibly it's bottomed for the time being. it hit around 10.68 that range a few times and kept bouncing back. maybe it's leveled for the moment.
    I'm following the PALM stocks and it's start now to create a support after October's fall. It's a chance to get into the wagon and wait for Palm's sales report at the end of quarter.

And talking about Palm stocks vs Media, Jim Cramer gave his contribution in CNBC, saying that he only knows 2 devices in his portfolio: "Apple and RIM". I wonder if his disciples will follow him.

Sad to say that the US media always back these two trademarks "iPhone" and "Blackberry" constantly. Why TV commentators don't say "You can watch the latest on your celular phone..." instead " iPhone"? Isn't this a marketing manipulation?
    Pedro

"Maybe The 1st Portuguese Citizen with a Palm Pre"
  10.    #10  
    I think the most interesting thing about the article that is linked in the first post is that he views Palm as a stable long term investment. He says in the last paragraph that they have plent of cash, were well aware of what was coming out (Droid, Hero, etc), there is plenty of room for other mobile OS in the market, and that this is WebOS in it's infancy. He makes good points and I feel better about buying a Pre and I may purchase a few shares too!
    [QUOTE=Peterlisbon;2020931]I'm following the PALM stocks and it's start now to create a support after October's fall. It's a chance to get into the wagon and wait for Palm's sales report at the end of quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterlisbon View Post
    And talking about Palm stocks vs Media, Jim Cramer gave his contribution in CNBC, saying that he only knows 2 devices in his portfolio: "Apple and RIM". I wonder if his disciples will follow him.
    Interesting. When did he say that? Was it the day of the posting or shortly before? He's been on record saying good things about Palm and the outlook for the smart phone market but i wouldn't be surprised if all the negative news made him squeamish. Not to mention the fact that i think he had price target of 25 and right now there is no momentum for getting Palm near that number. They'll be lucky to get back near 16 anytime soon. I mean it's interesting to note Palm is below where it traded the day of launch.

That said, i did say it looked like it was bottoming out around 10.7 and it did bounce off of that today, up 9%. But i don't think anyone should expect stock analysts to go by much other then their guesses on the financials and the outlook for handset sales.

Sad to say that the US media always back these two trademarks "iPhone" and "Blackberry" constantly.
    if you're talking about cnbc and stuff well Apple and Rimm are good companies, that don't have a lot of debt, have stable earnings and with respect to apple several products to draw revenue from not to mention the market leader in smart phones. They back Apple and Rimm cause they are proven companies. Palm is not. And when Palm has several quarters of growing earnings, pays off it's debt, and it's management shows that they are no longer the old poorly run Palm they'll get positive feedback from the media. But you can't expect a company with it's recent history to be given. The fact is as of this writing Palm has had one positive quarter, then guided downward, so at this point they are still a wait and see. Hopefully for them they can exceed expectations for the next couple quarters.

Why TV commentators don't say "You can watch the latest on your celular phone..." instead " iPhone"? Isn't this a marketing manipulation?
    No that's not even close to market manipulation. They have every right to state their opinion. Market manipulation would be something like. Sending a false rumor to of good news to a news agency and then selling huge lots of stock after the stock rises.

And the reality is if they are talking about a certain app, say the cnn app, it may only be available on the iphone or Blackberry.