1.    #1  
    Hi all Visor Central forumers
    I'm Andre from Singapore, as well as a moderator from SPUG.org (Singapore Palm User Group).

Last evening, we had a Official Launch of the Treo in Singapore, and it was held in Sheraton Towers, near Scotts Road (if you know where it is )

And we had a briefing by the GM of Grandtech (distributor of Handspring products in Asia), as well as 2 distinguished guests from Handspring. I believe they flew over from the States for this event

Although there wasn't a REAL set for us to play with, I had a chance to get hold of a dummy set, which was made to look like the exact thing, except that it's not working. The keyboard model is cool, but the keys are too tiny! Each of my fingers can cover about 3 keys on the mini keyboard! Not very smart I would say, but I can live with that problem. I didn't have a chance to see the Treo 180g (Graffiti model), but I presume it's pretty nifty as well.

After the event, I spoke to one of the guests from USA, and I asked him whether he has been to VisorCentral, and shockingly, he said no. And I felt really gutted. VisorCentral is THE best website for all thing Handspring! How could he say no!

Nevertheless, I really like the Treo for it's integrated feature.... because soon after the whole event had ended, a whole group of "SPUGers" went for supper, and while I was there, I wanted to make a phone call, but unfortunately, the number was in my Palm itself... and I had to take out my Palm, open the case of it, scroll through my contacts, and ah! finally found the name and number, and using the other hand, with much difficulty, dialed the number. FYI, I was carrying a laptop case at that time... darn heavy.

So, at times of such, I wonder how I needed a Treo

Handspring, are you listening?????
    Reduce the prices man!!!! SGD$1000 is not big joke for students like me!

Reporting out,
    :shortcut: Andre aka Zip-Zilla
    :shortcut: my little webby
    I still love my Visor Prism
    Exciting times for those in Singapore. My boss is headed over there; I wish he could pick me up one. I am very anxious for them to come to the US (though I will not be able to afford one right away--your financial point as a college student is well taken being a recent grad myself).
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by logizesthe
    Exciting times for those in Singapore. My boss is headed over there; I wish he could pick me up one. I am very anxious for them to come to the US (though I will not be able to afford one right away--your financial point as a college student is well taken being a recent grad myself).
    Yeah... I'm one disappoint kid.. when I first saw it being advertised in the papers at SGD$980+ (around US$530?), I was shocked! And that price is with a 2 year subscription as well.

The first thing that came to mind was that Grandtech IS CRAZY!!! I was absolutely pissed.

But then again, as time goes by, the Treo 270 comes out, the price of the Treo 180 will surely go down. I hope. :laugh:

Cheers,
    :shortcut: Andre.
    :shortcut: my little webby
    I still love my Visor Prism