1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I'm new to the forums. I'm looking to buy my Pre from Amazon.com because it is $50 cheaper than Sprint and you don't have to wait for the mail in rebate. My concern is that they don't have the same plans as Sprint does, such as the mobile to mobile plans, unlimited minute plan for families, etc. So if they don't have the plan, does that mean I can't get the plan I want that sprint provides?

My idea is getting the Simple Everything Family plan from sprint. I want to buy 2 Pre's and a LG Lotus from Amazon.com. It's just that Amazon doesn't have these plans on their site. So how do I know if I can get that plan if Amazon doesn't show it?

Hope someone can shed some light on this

Thanks.
    Last edited by vuther; 10/18/2009 at 03:56 PM.
    Amazon Wireless 1-877-429-8502

Call number, ask them.
    Quote Originally Posted by vuther View Post
    My idea is getting the Simple Everything Family plan from sprint.
    It's there... Amazon.com: Everything Data Family 1500 + Palm Pre Phone: Cell Phones & Service
  4.    #4  
    That's Data, I want unlimited minutes or get Sprint's mobile to mobile plan.
    Ya it's Data....if you want to use the Pre with a Family plan you have 2 options and both require unlimited Data. The plans listed on the Amazon site are the only plans that you can use a Pre with (read: unlimited data).

Unlimited mobile to mobile minutes are included in all Simply Everything plans.

Quote Originally Posted by vuther View Post
    That's Data, I want unlimited minutes or get Sprint's mobile to mobile plan.
    Call Sprint, 866-866-7509, they can explain.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/18/2009 at 05:22 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Yeah, but on Amazon's site they don't have available Unlimited Minutes + Data or Mobile to Mobile, the 2 plans I would consider getting. I understand I need to get a Data plan, that's the whole point of the Pre. It's just the minutes plan that Amazon doesn't have which Sprint has.

Can't I just choose a plan then when I receive the phones change the plan to what I want..?
    You didn't call Sprint and/or Amazon like I suggested did you?
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/18/2009 at 06:52 PM.
    Vuther, check your PM's, I sent you one.
    NOOOOOOORTH!
    Back when I got my Pre (few weeks after launch) the only Family Plans that the Pre could use were the Everything Data Family plans, 2 of them, 1500 and 3000 minutes voice with unlimited everything else. If you believe the Sprint page (which as you said contradicts the Amazon listing) there is now a Simply Everything Family plan available which has unlimited voice and data. This is defiantly on the newish side and likely why it's not showing up on Amazon.