Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #2  
    The actual study: 2009 Wireless Smartphone and Traditional Mobile Phone Satisfaction Studies | J.D. Power and Associates

    An important quote from JD Power:
    The 2009 Wireless Consumer Smartphone Customer Satisfaction Study-Volume 2 and the 2009 Wireless Traditional Mobile Phone Evaluation Study-Volume 2 are based on experiences reported by 12,595 traditional mobile phone and 3,221 smartphone owners who have used their current mobile phone for less than two years. The 2009 Wireless Business Smartphone Customer Satisfaction Study is based on experiences reported by 1,148 smartphone owners who use their smartphone for primarily business purposes. All three studies were fielded between January and June 2009.
    Emphasis added by me. This survey was done before the Pre was released. Still interesting though, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
  2. #3  
    Still laughing as to why anyone wouldnt love a phone you can hack so easily, it's almost encouraged to hack...

    The pre is way better than any I have seen so far.
  3. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by aezrilov View Post
    Still laughing as to why anyone wouldnt love a phone you can hack so easily, it's almost encouraged to hack...

    The pre is way better than any I have seen so far.
    The answer is very simple. We are a minority. The vast majority of Pre users(and cell phone users in general) have no idea about respective homebrew communities and the cool hacks the develop. It's sad, but it's true.
  4. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post

    Emphasis added by me. This survey was done before the Pre was released. Still interesting though, thanks.
    Fair enough, I owned a Palm Treo in June 2009 (at least until June 29) and by that time I'd say I was below average in user satisfaction too! (My Treo was beginning to have some annoying hardware quirks).
    Mike B in OKlahoma

    Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre


  5. #6  
    It's not a surprise that Palm would score low with phones based on the creaky old WM and the even older PalmOS. It will be very interesting to see the results the next time they do this survey. I'm guessing that Palm will do significantly better. They won't beat Apple, but I think they'll beat out RIM or come very close.
  6. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
    It's not a surprise that Palm would score low with phones based on the creaky old WM and the even older PalmOS. It will be very interesting to see the results the next time they do this survey. I'm guessing that Palm will do significantly better. They won't beat Apple, but I think they'll beat out RIM or come very close.
    Similar survey is at the top of the site's front page as I write this. Palm and Android tied for second, with Apple substantially ahead of both. As the device matures, and more Palm Treo and Centro owners drop out to upgrade to something more modern, things will probably improve. Way to go Palm Pre!
    Mike B in OKlahoma

    Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre


Posting Permissions