1.    #1  
    I just got off the phone with Handspring - the launch of Treo has been delayed until next Monday. We'll see.....
    I am sure that there is a good reason for the Treo to be delayed.
    Originally posted by yardie
    If only the delay was cause by the suprising completion of the color treo and they wanted to annouce both at the same time.

That would be great.

But, I doubt it. :-)
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by yardie
    Of course there is... it allows us to put all the finishing touches on TreoCentral!
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Remember what happened with the Palm m50x?? The greyscale sales were poor and Palm cried about how much money they lost.

The *ONLY* reasons I can see for Handspring to release the Treo in greyscale are these:

• Recover R&D costs!
    • Low-cost entry point
    • We can't get the color hardware to fit inside the mockup form factor (greyscale model) our artist made yet... Have to wait until technology gets better/cheaper.

I think the delay may be attributed to manufacturing shortages.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    My Prism color screen, for all practical purposes, is unreadable outside in the daytime, even on overcast days. My greater need is for a multi-purpose device, not a color screen. Carrying a PDA and a cell phone everywhere gets tiresome. A Visor with VisorPhone and Blackberry-style keyboard attached would be too awkward. The Treo 180 is the best solution for me. The only thing I'll miss is viewing photos in color within AlbumToGo.
    You must live where there is much sun... Here in Western Washington (~45 minutes south of Downtown Seattle) we rarely get much UV rads. Therefore, the fading issue isn't a big deal for me. I have owned my Prism since October 5th, 2001 and we have had enough sunlight to fade it 2 or 3 times.

I know for certain that the color Treo screen will be far better suited for outside use. Brian Jaquet from Handspring, Inc. came to a SeaPUG meeting a couple months ago and brought a couple Treos with him. ;-)
    They're great little devices!

My wife really wants the color one.
    I might go for it as well.