Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    does anyone have it or an email of some sort.

ever since my palm pre died, i'm thinking about moving as i was told i will be receiving a refurbished phone which is crap since i'm paying insurance and have been with them for nearly 10yrs.

perhaps it's time we part ways.

thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    there is nothing wrong with refurb phones.

Whatever was initally wrong with the phone is fixed; and, they check everything else on the phone to ensure it is in good working order.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieroger View Post
    not funny guy...ive tried that already.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    there is nothing wrong with refurb phones.

Whatever was initally wrong with the phone is fixed; and, they check everything else on the phone to ensure it is in good working order.
    yea watever...

y shld i get someone used phn after i pay insurance for it and bought it brand new?
    Have you ever read the TEP agreement?
    Dam* settle down...

(I have been with Sprint for 8years myself)

Being with Sprint for 10 years and acting like this you should be ashamed of yourself.
    The TEP ALWAYS stated (for 10 years now) a replace of a refurb is what your protection covers. On special circumstances (meaning no refurbs available yet or phone obsolete) it will be replaced with a NEW or COMPARATIVE model of phone at their discretion.
    GEEZ...nothing has changed.

A note on Refurbs: (specifically the Pre) most refurbs have been new phones given out in the first place - just without the battery and box. So just the phone like refurbs usually come. OR the refurb , the actual refurb. A refurb Pre is a Pre that has the internal chip recycled but a whole new housing...or supposed to from what I was told.

All the insurance gaurantees is that you dont have to shell out the whole $549 to buy a new one. This is the case on ANYTHING you buy....if your car dies after the factory warranty (in case of the Pre 30 days) they dont replace it with a new one - you pay $100 deductible from the extended warranty (insurance <--see where Im going with this?!?) and they fix it (in case of Pre...refurb means repaired/replacement)

GEEZ! No other phone carrier is any different!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Dam* settle down...

(I have been with Sprint for 8years myself)

Being with Sprint for 10 years and acting like this you should be ashamed of yourself.
    The TEP ALWAYS stated (for 10 years now) a replace of a refurb is what your protection covers. On special circumstances (meaning no refurbs available yet or phone obsolete) it will be replaced with a NEW or COMPARATIVE model of phone at their discretion.
    GEEZ...nothing has changed.

A note on Refurbs: (specifically the Pre) most refurbs have been new phones given out in the first place - just without the battery and box. So just the phone like refurbs usually come. OR the refurb , the actual refurb. A refurb Pre is a Pre that has the internal chip recycled but a whole new housing...or supposed to from what I was told.

All the insurance gaurantees is that you dont have to shell out the whole $549 to buy a new one. This is the case on ANYTHING you buy....if your car dies after the factory warranty (in case of the Pre 30 days) they dont replace it with a new one - you pay $100 deductible from the extended warranty (insurance <--see where Im going with this?!?) and they fix it (in case of Pre...refurb means repaired/replacement)

GEEZ! No other phone carrier is any different!
    Am I understanding you correctly that the Palm Pre's manufactures warranty is only 30 days?Reguardless the original poster should contact Palm to see what & how they intend to fix,replace the Pre.