1.    #1  
    My wife was watching The Good Wife last night when she said hey isn't that your phone. I look up and the actor is using the Palm Pre.

First I have to say that I am impressed that the Pre is finally starting to show up in tv shows. Glad to see that Hollywood thinks the Pre is as cool as I do.

More importantly though the actor spoke into his phone to have it look up a website. Maybe I missed something, but can the Pre search things with verbal commands? Is this just Hollywood Magic or is there an app that does this. I would love to be able to use this function when I am in the car.

Thanks for any help.
    maybe he thought it was an iphone?
    don't think so, but also noticed the Pre on Heroes and kinda hard show things off without doing some cool hollywood magic...next we'll see some 3D hologram CSI NY magic coming out of the phone.

Kinda hard to get excited about making calls and flipping applications even though no other phone can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ebuzz7 View Post
    My wife was watching The Good Wife last night when she said hey isn't that your phone. I look up and the actor is using the Palm Pre.

First I have to say that I am impressed that the Pre is finally starting to show up in tv shows. Glad to see that Hollywood thinks the Pre is as cool as I do.

More importantly though the actor spoke into his phone to have it look up a website. Maybe I missed something, but can the Pre search things with verbal commands? Is this just Hollywood Magic or is there an app that does this. I would love to be able to use this function when I am in the car.

Thanks for any help.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I saw that too. It was exciting to see the Pre there but to have the voice command would be even more exciting! Just think where that functionality can go......
    If you watch the Pre used on Hero's you will notice that when they talk on the phone the screen will stay lite. And the Pre is not showing the dial pad. Just like the show, it is all fake. It make me laugh.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    It would be nice though voice search and command.
    Hollywood is full of this kind of stuff. One of my favorites was in Office Space.

The computer the main character is sitting at is clearly a PC, but the desktop is from an AppleIIe, and then suddenly he has a c:\> prompt later in the film.

Or in the movie Minority Report. They use these little data disks that appear to be made of glass, but are clearly molded off of the Iomega Click disks. I know, because I used to have an MP3 player that used those disks instead of internal storage. (I think it was called the "Hip Zip")

Ah the good old days, mp3 players with no internal storage and 64mb swappable disks. lol.
    I saw this too. Voice recognition - too cool.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I also saw the guy using his Pre on The Good Wife. I called Pre today and they have a new voice recognition dialer for phone or email. The app is in the App Catalog. It is P2googlevoice. I have it downloaded (as have 26,000 other people this week) but no one from Sprint or Palm can help me figure out how to use it. It is a third party app and I'll have to try to reach them for help.

It still isn't how the guy in Good Wife used it or how the Iphone system works, but it's a start. I'd gladly give it up for the ability to download Adobe Flash Player or be able to download videos from either of my digital cameras!
    I saw that too and I thought Palm Pre will be launching Voice Search soon..