Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Rumours of a possible 16GB Pre are great, except I haven't bought my Pre yet and now I'm wondering if I should hold off another month or two and see if something doesn't happen around the holiday season.

I'm eligible for my one-year upgrade tomorrow so I can get the Pre for $149. But if a better model is coming in just a month or two, I could wait. Hmmm.

/Kevin
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I wouldn't get one now. Wait.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    Yes, I am. I don't see Palm putting any more development resources into this phone until they sell over a million and have better global distribution.

Besides, if the Verizon version did have 16gb, they would just end up crippling 8gb of it. Actually, I'll personally be surprised if the Pre makes it to Verizon. Verizon is so draconian about their phones that the user experience will be very different (no free GPS, Verizon only app store, no Amazon, blah blah). If they leave it alone, that would be great, but Verizon is really good about taking a good phone and screwing it up (HTC Touch, I'm looking at you).
    Well, we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. The fact is, neither of us knows. Let's have a virtual beer (also keeps me from gaining weight) to celebrate whoever is right on this when it happens or does not happen. My prediction- at a minimum there will be a 16 GB Pre option by January 31, possibly earlier, either on Verizon or Sprint, not sure which. If I am wrong, the virtual drink's on me.
    I haven't read the whole thread, but my best guess is that the prices are going down because sales are stagnant...and because they have a huge number of Pre's in inventory...*not* because they are coming out with a new model within four months of releasing the phone.

Gizmodo and analysts tend to agree:

Is The Palm Pre Tanking? - Palm pre - Gizmodo

From that article:

Eleven weeks of inventory in the channel is an [sic] staggering number. If true, that may explain the fast price cuts by resellers: First a $50 discount to $150 with a rebate, then slashed to $100 in Amazon, and then the all-mighty Walmart cutting it to a ridiculous $80.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456