1.    #1  
    Blackberry have their own BB messenger which is really one of the main reasons a lot of people get a blackberry in the first place. Think about it you can contact anyone with a palm instantly wherever they might be without having to worry about additional fees .

Would it be really hard to implement this ?
  2.    #2  
    Am I the only one who would be interesting in this ??? :s
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    why on earth? It's got google talk and AIM built in, with yahoo IM coming soon. Why would you ever want to subscribe to yet another messaging service when you already have 3 or 4 well established ones that can meet your needs? There aren't any fees with any of those, either.

I simply don't see any need.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    why on earth? It's got google talk and AIM built in, with yahoo IM coming soon. Why would you ever want to subscribe to yet another messaging service when you already have 3 or 4 well established ones that can meet your needs? There aren't any fees with any of those, either.

I simply don't see any need.
  5.    #5  
    blackberry also have several IM's but they still have it and it is one of the most appealing features BB have. The BB messenger is constantly active you can share videos,voice clips,pictures,etc .

It's not the same as being on aim or yahoo on the cellphone. If the BB messenger weren't useful at all no one would bother exchanging there pins but that doesn't seem to be the issue, is it.
  6.    #6  
    blackberry also have several IM's but they still have it and it is one of the most appealing features BB have. The BB messenger is constantly active you can share videos,voice clips,pictures,etc .

It's not the same as being on aim or yahoo on the cellphone. If the BB messenger weren't useful at all no one would bother exchanging there pins but that doesn't seem to be the issue, is it.
    i personally think they should focus on getting the existing IM clients working so they don't drain you battery in a couple hours :-\

i did enjoy bb messenger though, i wouldn't mind seeing a similar implementation....but i'd rather see them get their current ones right first though!
    Are you sure you guys are just talking about SMS text messaging, which has video and photo sharing now and it's called MMS.

And also, Sprint new Anytime Anywhere or whatever.. you can call anyone on any carrier at anytime for free!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyshare View Post
    i personally think they should focus on getting the existing IM clients working so they don't drain you battery in a couple hours :-\

i did enjoy bb messenger though, i wouldn't mind seeing a similar implementation....but I'd rather see them get their current ones right first though!
    I totally agree i do think they should get all the other IM clients down packed but i just really enjoy the exclusivity BB users have with their own messenger. And sending a SMS is absolutely not the same at all.

They do have the new mobile to mobile offer but it's just not the same as messaging a friend when in a loud place or somewhere where noise is prohibited.
    I'm also curious why we would need it. Simply because you already can text for free, have a google, aim and soon yahoo im's which give you the ability to get alot of people, and its all integrated and always active. You can I'm straight from contacts or the messenger app and see all your buddy lists. A palm I'm would be for webos phones only correct? This would just not be appealing to palm or the general public because not that many people would find the use for it. Its not like blackberry, where even 13 yr old giirls have one for whatever reason lol. Webos is still too new and even so I can already contact anyone with a palm and a million other phones with the messaging app which works great. I do think we need more options in the app like sending and receiving from im's and more options and cistomizations (separate sound, led_ forwarding, our own avatar, customize I'm sounds separate from text, copy paste (not just whole convos like 1.2) checklist on contacts to add multiple numbers easier (or im's) chat features for im's and any other enhancing features.
  11.    #11  
    Web OS is going to grow continuously and I'd think it would be a good option to have. Anyone who has had a BB knows how significantly cool the BB messenger is. I have plenty of friends and they're not on yahoo,aim,msn 24/7 but BB messenger included in the Blackberry is constantly on.

But i guess this could be possible when palm have their foot on the ground with a certain amount of users. But think about it Blackberry has had its success with the BB messenger i honestly just think in the near future all smart phone companies are going to have their own IM client included for the exclusivity of their smart phone users.