1.    #1  
    Here are my needs for the perfect phone for me. Can anybody give me a match? Thanks!

Palm OS
    WiFi
    Bluetooth
    Unlocked

Sounds simple, but I can't find it!
    Palm OS is dead. Try the Pre. If you really need Palm OS, there's an emulator you can buy.
  3.    #3  
    Okay, Palm OS is dead. What OS do you suggest. Windows - NOT! Touchscreen mandatory. Unlocked mandatory. Wifi mandatory. Thanks for your help.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    strong username to troll thread ratio
    this guy really does need a reality check ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    reality check, or a 700p/755p with a wifi card
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    why do you need a wi fi card with a treo 755p? I am curious..I have a treo 755p with unlimited internet and phone as modem. What would a wi fi card do? in my case...if nothing...then perhaps you should consider what i have.
    I would like to upgrade....I was thinking of the pre...but i do not know enough about it. I hear problems with bluetooth compatiblity....and sprint will not allow it to be used phone as modem....Although i think someone has software that will allow the pre to be used that way....I will not give up my treo because i really like phone as modem..
    I would consider the iPhone now that they have bluetooth...but i do not like the fact that i cannot change a dead battery...i am not talking about dead and able to recharge..i am talking about dead period...and i do not want to have to send something back when i need the information in it with me. I do want a media player...The ipod touch might do...but then i am carrying two devices....oh well....help
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget View Post
    why do you need a wi fi card with a treo 755p? I am curious..I have a treo 755p with unlimited internet and phone as modem. What would a wi fi card do? in my case...if nothing...then perhaps you should consider what i have.
    I would like to upgrade....I was thinking of the pre...but i do not know enough about it. I hear problems with bluetooth compatiblity....and sprint will not allow it to be used phone as modem....Although i think someone has software that will allow the pre to be used that way....I will not give up my treo because i really like phone as modem..
    I would consider the iPhone now that they have bluetooth...but i do not like the fact that i cannot change a dead battery...i am not talking about dead and able to recharge..i am talking about dead period...and i do not want to have to send something back when i need the information in it with me. I do want a media player...The ipod touch might do...but then i am carrying two devices....oh well....help
    The last I knew a wifi card will not work on any Palm ph's.,nor do any Palm os have built in wifi capability.Years ago there was a an attachable wifi device sold for the Treo 600 that was suppose to make it capable for wifi.
    Don't confuse Palm os ph's with Treo ph's which do have wifi which are the Treo Pro(win.os),Palm Pre(web os)and I believe the Treo 800w(also win.os) may have been wifi capable.So the correct answer is no Palm os ph.has built in wifi.However Palm has manufactured a few pda's(non ph.)devices that were /are wifi capable!You may have to consider the other operating systems such as web os,windows os,or some of the other new ones coming out.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I think i am leaving palm after all these years. I was considering moving up to the Pre from my Treo 755p. However i can tether my treo and that is a fantastic feature. I know i can get after market software and make the pre tether. However i also like to have a card...for easy back up and expansion..for music or whatever.
    Sprint has the HTC Hero..Very cool Android base. Know i am going to wait since next month a few new Androids are comming out the way i want ( i think) full screen and when sideways has a slide out keyboard. Wifi, card and lots of good stuff. I need to do a little more research. I feel sorry for the new web OS..Palm woke up a little late for the party...they better do something. The group that does the stats for the tech industry predicts that the Android will be the number 1 OS by 2012. Even if they are wrong i would not bet against Google. I think it will still be a major player. So as of this writing i am considering Android ( as of this writing ;-) )
    Thank you for the input...take care, Gadget
    ^Get a Droid, then.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    You might be right..Droid might be the answer...we are about to see an influx of better phones. Having been a palm owner for many years going way back. It was sad how palm did come up with good phones but neglected updating thier OS. Now we have Web OS and how many phones will have web OS. Palm gained a great market share way back because it had all the software. It is different today...Android will be a major player if not the number 1 player. I do like the sprint people ...they have been good to me re tech support. Phone service is important and having a phone that does what i want is important. The Pre is nice and i am not ruling it out...but it quickly lost any thunder when phones came out right after it.. and Androids Hero, Droid and we will see about the Samsung Moment. Thanks there is a bit to watch
    The Moment's kind of junky. Still running Android 1.5 and not utilizing it's processor at all.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Yes...sad...I did read something to that effect...I do want a good phone with features that i require...and of course the OS is important too. I went through the Palm years. I learned a lot.. Palm did not ( or perhaps late) I do hope that palm can come up with a really great piece of hardware. If they do not...there will be no reason for the Web OS to really grow. I am not 100% sure about me likeing the Android, but i do feel that since it is open source and it is Google it will be around of a long long time and will grow in every way. I am also curious about the Droid and i am anxious to see what it is like. I do not know if it works with the Sprint network. I also see the trend to where the new phones are going..I will not wait for ever, since there will always be something new..But i do want to catch the best of the next generation anyway. Like when i got my Treo...It was the King of the hill for a while and then palm took a nap. thank you for all your input...it is appreciated...