Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I dont know about you guys but i think it would be a good idea if PREcentral had a chat feature where we could chat with everybody else thats online and have different chat rooms regarding questions or just small talk about the phones. Just a suggestion.
    It would also be pretty cool if we made homebrew app like this.C
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Couple of things. A live chat has been attempted in the past on various sites similar to this one. The problem was that despite these sites having thousands of users, people just didn't log on at the same time. So one person would log in, see no one around and log off. Five min later and the same thing. Back when I ran TreoChat it was an uphill battle to keep people around and chat was *all* we did.

As far as a mobile chat client is concerned I am actually working on something for both Garnet and WebOS at the same time. This time I'll be staying away from IRC and using my own server software but I do know there are some people working on an IRC client as well.

So basically stay tuned. Chat other than IM/SMS will be coming soon to a WebOS smartphone near you .
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BoraWare View Post
    Couple of things. A live chat has been attempted in the past on various sites similar to this one. The problem was that despite these sites having thousands of users, people just didn't log on at the same time. So one person would log in, see no one around and log off. Five min later and the same thing. Back when I ran TreoChat it was an uphill battle to keep people around and chat was *all* we did.

As far as a mobile chat client is concerned I am actually working on something for both Garnet and WebOS at the same time. This time I'll be staying away from IRC and using my own server software but I do know there are some people working on an IRC client as well.

So basically stay tuned. Chat other than IM/SMS will be coming soon to a WebOS smartphone near you .
    woot thank you very much for your response its much appreciated. hope it works out