1.    #1  
    Hello,
    I am new to the pre and have been trying to root the pre. I was able to root to it the other day and install mytether, but ever since then I have had no luck. I followed all the instructions for rooting and installed all the necessary programs. I plug in my pre and click just charge. I then open CMD prompt, and paste in
    cd \program files\palm\sdk\bin

and then it shows me:
    C:\program files\palm\sdk\bin\>

and then when i put this command in: novacom -t open tty://

my CMD window freezes and I unable to do anything, I have to do a hard shutdown on my computer in order for it to work. This has happpened twice now. I also tried novaterm and when I click connect, it freezes and i am unable to end the task, access my task manager or anything and it also resulted in a hard reboot.

Does anyone know what is wrong, I tried searching this forum for similar problems as well as google and have found nothing similar. Could someone please share what I am doing wrong. Thanks, I appreciate any help on this matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by mwittkopp89 View Post
    Hello,
    I am new to the pre and have been trying to root the pre. I was able to root to it the other day and install mytether, but ever since then I have had no luck. I followed all the instructions for rooting and installed all the necessary programs. I plug in my pre and click just charge. I then open CMD prompt, and paste in
    cd \program files\palm\sdk\bin

and then it shows me:
    C:\program files\palm\sdk\bin\>

and then when i put this command in: novacom -t open tty://

my CMD window freezes and I unable to do anything, I have to do a hard shutdown on my computer in order for it to work. This has happpened twice now. I also tried novaterm and when I click connect, it freezes and i am unable to end the task, access my task manager or anything and it also resulted in a hard reboot.

Does anyone know what is wrong, I tried searching this forum for similar problems as well as google and have found nothing similar. Could someone please share what I am doing wrong. Thanks, I appreciate any help on this matter.
    Well, it sounds like you followed a post by webos internals with the quilt and opware programs. Chances are you turned off your Dev mode, you know the typing upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart from the card view (just your wallpaper showing). Try to turn dev mode on again and then try the command. Of course you stated that you rooted it already, so I am assuming that you already know your username and password. Why not use putty and access that way. Putty uses a little better resource management and will close almost no matter what. Another problem could be the novacomd service isn't running. go into services.msc and search for the novacomd service and set it for automatic and start the service.