1.    #1  
    Well I gues we can confirm that one was the Pixi...but what about the other handset that showed up....Hmmm a cross between the Pre and Pixi that more high end than BOTH of them???????
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Hopefully its a touchscreen-only device with a large screen and software keyboard...not my style, but then webOS would be featured on all of the most popular form factors.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    Hopefully its a touchscreen-only device with a large screen and software keyboard...not my style, but then webOS would be featured on all of the most popular form factors.

That would be nice Id take a Iphone, Touch HD device with WEbOS and a HUGE screen in a second....only if it had a GOOD onscreen keyboard
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Can you post a link? I didn't see that on engadget, and just looked but couldn't find anything
    I don't think Palm's keyboard is going anywhere for a long time. Anyway, I really believe that the other model number is just going to be a storage bump Pre released probably around the same time as the Pixi.
    +1 storage bump.
    Lest we forget, Palm also makes Windows Mobile devices. See: Treo Pro. I remember hearing a while back that Palm was going to make "only WebOS and Windows Mobile devices from here on out" - maybe it's the Treo Pro's successor?
    Yes, I work for Microsoft. No, I don't drink the Kool-Aid.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwbunn View Post
    Lest we forget, Palm also makes Windows Mobile devices. See: Treo Pro. I remember hearing a while back that Palm was going to make "only WebOS and Windows Mobile devices from here on out" - maybe it's the Treo Pro's successor?
    I highly doubt that we'll see a Treo Pro successor ever. Besides, the model number was P120, where the Pre is P100.
    I doubt palm will even consider making another windows mobile phone until i think its 6.5 comes out.

although I would love for palm to make a large screen web os phone like iphone style i doubt thats what it is

If it is in fact a higher storage pre i'm pretty sure not only me but everyone who got a pre on release will get pissed that a 16gb or w/e came out already so soon.

the reason why everyones not getting pissed about the pixi is because its a more feminine phone compared to the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdaballa View Post
    I doubt palm will even consider making another windows mobile phone until i think its 6.5 comes out.

although I would love for palm to make a large screen web os phone like iphone style i doubt thats what it is

If it is in fact a higher storage pre i'm pretty sure not only me but everyone who got a pre on release will get pissed that a 16gb or w/e came out already so soon.

the reason why everyones not getting pissed about the pixi is because its a more feminine phone compared to the pre.
    As much as I would love more storage, I don't see me using the 8GB anyway. A few songs to get by yes, but my entire library lies within my 120GB Zune, hopefully 32GB ZuneHD. If you upset over having lesser storage... that's what you get for being an early adopter. Tis is life my friend. Some will be mad, some will payup for the upgrade. Palm will keep it moving moving moving......
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    No, it is impossible for Palm to develop 4 devices simultaneously.

Pre
    Pre 2
    Pixi
    New Mystery Device.

Instead, they are just doing a storage bump on the Pre, releasing it alongside the Pixi, and then they will focus on working on the next generation Pre for next year. They simply do not have the capacity to juggle yet another device.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    ....only if it had a GOOD onscreen keyboard
    Isn't good onscreen keyboard an oxymoron?
    I hope that the new pre2 isnt 16 or 32 gb i hope its up to 48gb, it has to go 1 step above apple so fan boys stop bringing that up :P
    if a pre with 16 gb does come out, i feel like it should have been released with the 8gb giving you two options.

but the pre 2, def needs to have a sd card slot