Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Palm needs an additional form factor other than the Pre.

Assuming Palm designers read these forums please consider the following when coming up with a new design.

Optimize design for ONE HAND COMPUTING: I'm not convinced the touchscreen is the most efficient way to go, it may seem cool to pinch and drag but it currently takes 2 hands (one to hold device and the other to pinch and drag) to perform this operation.

- how about a slider (gesture area) to zoom. (similiar to HTC)
    - optimize keyboard for one hand typing. I've never tried it before but a company redesigned the keyboard to minimize finger movement to type, I think the company is called something like flity,flitey?
    - make the screen as large as possible but still able to fit in pocket. (4"?)
    - don't be afraid to use scroll wheels on side of device
    - trackball to move around screen?

Its my opinion that whichever company optimizes their phone for one hand computing is going to lead the pack.
    I know i'm going to be sorry I asked ... but what are you planning on doing with the other hand?
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    driving of course!
    The Pre is also quite top-heavy when using one-handed. Treo is much better balanced for one-handed use. I find it to be PERFECT for one-handed use, with the menu key, and the D-pad. And yes, I agree pinch and zoom is annoying when trying to use one-handed.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Agree the pre is top heavy, also the slider keyboard is definately not one hand friendly, sliding it open adds an extra step. It also places the keyboard on a lower plane than the rest of the phone causing the thumb to reach down and in. Very uncomfortable.
    long as there is an actual keyboard i could care less. actually anything else is icing on the cake.