Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    1st off i accidently ran webos doctor instead of the webos quick install today and completely wiped my phone out, including pictures of my newborn son. secondly after i realized what i did the power went out at my house in the middle of the webos doctor reformatting my phone. i started up my phone again and my version says webos 1.1.0(i thought webos doctor reformatted to original factory setting...). all my contacts and most of my official apps are there(nascar mysteriously gone, im not complaining though) all my homebrew apps are gone and my updates do not seem to function properly. it has been checking for updates for about 15 minutes now and it is still going. am i going to have to run webos doctor again and let it finish?? any suggestions???

thanks
    I would suggest running webOS Doctor once more to make sure it gets your phone wiped out. But, when you restore your phone from the 'Cloud' after starting anew with the phone, it's going to restore the latest system update as well as re-install all of your applications you got from the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I ran webos doctor 2 days ago and removed the phone at 66% just to see what would happen. The phone worked but some apps were missing and the update would not work. Reran webos doctor and let it finish and now the phone is back to normal.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    ran webos again, it disconnected when i removed another usb device, running webos again right now hopefully this does the trick, thanks you for your responses
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    alright i tried running running webos doctor again and it said my phone could not be reset, to contact palm support. not webos doctor wont even recognize my pre
    Last edited by thenoan; 09/01/2009 at 08:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    alright i got it fixed i believe. i was forgetting to put it in dev mode, which is why webos doctor wouldnt recognize it. the doctor finished and my pre is restarting right now. thanks for your help guys
    Quote Originally Posted by brain26 View Post
    I ran webos doctor 2 days ago and removed the phone at 66% just to see what would happen. The phone worked but some apps were missing and the update would not work. Reran webos doctor and let it finish and now the phone is back to normal.
    What? Why would you do that? Were you also the kid that was told not to touch the stove because it was insanely hot, yet you did it anyway just to see what would happen?