1.    #1  
    So I dropped my Pre and there is a tiny crack on the Screen. Everything else works except the touchscreen interface. I bought it from Best Buy on the release date and I Do Not have insurance on the phone. Any advice?? Thank you
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I actually had the same thing happen to me. I brought it to a Sprint repair store and they just replaced it for me no questions asked. I do have the insurance tho so I'm not sure if that made a difference. You should still try your luck.
    ha i just posted the same thing! but my phone didnt drop it just stopped working while i was texting!
    Same thing happened to mine, dropped out of my pocket onto the floor, got a crack in the screen, won't do anything now. I'm curious to know if you have found a solution to this problem, I also didn't have insurance. I went back to sprint and they said that they don't repair these Pre's, they just throw them away if they are damaged. I wonder how true that is or if she just didn't know what she was talking about. Right now I have a phone I can do nothing with.
    I had my first Pre go through the samething. It looked fine until I tilted the phone and could see the infamous bottom-button-spidercracks. Slowly, the cracks grew up the screen. Unfortunately, the phone was less than an hour out of the box!! Fortunately, my phone provider replaced it without a hitch.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bighousefan View Post
    Same thing happened to mine, dropped out of my pocket onto the floor, got a crack in the screen, won't do anything now. I'm curious to know if you have found a solution to this problem, I also didn't have insurance. I went back to sprint and they said that they don't repair these Pre's, they just throw them away if they are damaged. I wonder how true that is or if she just didn't know what she was talking about. Right now I have a phone I can do nothing with.
    If youhave had the phone for less than 30 days you have to take it back to a Sprint retail store and not a repair store. Apparently they only repair a phone that is past its first 30 days. It worked for me.