1.    #1  
    I just had to pop in here and let you all know that I just picked up my new Palm Pre and am so lost, it's great!!!

It would appear that there is just a ton of crap (good crap mind you) to learn, that I can see another sleepless night. Although this time it won't be in anticipation of getting the Pre, rather from playing with it all night long.

I also see that there is no way to sync my Pre to Outlook without having to buy third party software, but I guess that's not the end of the world.

However for now I have to do some actual work, so I won't get a chance to dive into this sucker until tonight.

I was just too excited about it and wanted you all to know, that this is my first Palm and I think I got in at the best time ever.

Updates and cries for help will follow I'm quite sure! hahahahahaha
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Smart View Post
    I just had to pop in here and let you all know that I just picked up my new Palm Pre and am so lost, it's great!!!

It would appear that there is just a ton of crap (good crap mind you) to learn, that I can see another sleepless night. Although this time it won't be in anticipation of getting the Pre, rather from playing with it all night long.

I also see that there is no way to sync my Pre to Outlook without having to buy third party software, but I guess that's not the end of the world.

However for now I have to do some actual work, so I won't get a chance to dive into this sucker until tonight.

I was just too excited about it and wanted you all to know, that this is my first Palm and I think I got in at the best time ever.

I assume you mean without an exchange server.... if Palm forgot to allow syncing with the number one email client in the world they would be pretty dumb. You can still plug it in via usb and sync though.
    Welcome! Glad to have more users from up north!!!
    Not sure if it is available up north, but try Google Sync - Sync with Microsoft Outlook - Google Calendar Help

Pre>Google Calendar>Outlook

Remember our deal? Where's the Stars and Stripes?
    Maybe start with the Tips and Tricks link below.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/28/2009 at 01:20 PM.
    Well, the best time to have gotten in on palm (I think) would have been getting in at the 755p. In no way do I think the 755p outshines the Pre, because the Pre blows absolutely any phone on the market out of the water. But it's good to have a small taste of the company before you get invested into them as much as you will be when the Pre is more opened up to everyone.

Good luck with the phone. You're going to love it more and more every single day!
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I got my Pre since launch date here in the US and I'm loving it. I hope it's going to be the same with you there in Canada. Palm Pre eh! =)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Remember our deal? Where's the Stars and Stripes?
    ROFLMAO........Oh I promise I will have it loaded and shown here......I just have to figure out how to do all that stuff first.

In fact my first few hours of this have been a scream. The store was quite busy and they sent me out the door without turning the volume on my ringer, not telling me the new temporary password for my voice mail, and the Palm person that was at the launch was too busy trying to get new people in the strore and spent all of 4 seconds with me.

In fact the training consisted of how to get the phone in and out of the swanky bag. LOL......

But I can promise you that I was not feeling slighted in the least. I'd rather figure out the toys on my own (okay the temporary password would have helped), but I was oaky with them trying to get more Pre subscribers.

Sadly I had to visit clients all afternoon and haven't had anytime whatsoever to get my grubby mits on the phone.

Thanks to the people about the tips on how to get my Outlook info onto my phone. I've been looking at the threads in here for just over a week now, but never really gave the e-mail problmes a second thought. Now I see it could be a problem.

Oh well if I have to buy that Chapura then so be it. I just want my e-mails and contacts to work smoothly.

Anyway off to play.

Thanks all I will be back soon.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Picked it up this morning, love it!
    I missed this on the first read...
    ...I also see that there is no way to sync my Pre to Outlook without having to buy third party software, but I guess that's not the end of the world.
    The third party apps are not expensive and work great. Here is more info...

Backup and Syncing Tips

- Craig
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Can't wait to get mine soon.