Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Since I haven't posted in awhile here is my 2 cents on this topic.
    The I300 from Samsung was a very fine piece of equipment - was is the operative word here because of such poor service from Sprint and their coverage I was forced to sell my I300. Here are my observations about that phone:
    1. Annoying method of turning off the phone portion took too long - you had to hold down the phone button for two seconds. Treo appears to have a simple toggle switch.
    2. Speaker phone and volume settings had to be reset on each call - could not be locked to one setting.
    3. Voice activation dialing for me was not accurate although I only had about 4 voice dials.
    4. Screen color was not as good as my M505 in outdoor situations which is an issue with few users.
    5. Screen was almost two small.
    6. Soft graffiti area caused conflicts with many of my favorite input programs such as middlecaps hack, Tap Pad, Word Complete, Pop Up Calculator.

Now with these items said - it still is ahead of it's time compared to the color Treo - however it might have really been ahead of it's own time. The Handspring Web site showing the Treo working and screen shots has me intrigued and I will consider purchasing if the Treo is configured to work with AT&T.

For now, I'm content to use my M505 and beam phone numbers to my Nokia 3360 and work from the two devices until the future brings the color Treo to reality.

Happy New Year Everyone!.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Originally posted by nwhitfield
    [...] You might get some versions, eventually - usually the last two digits of the model number indicate the standards supported. I think 90 is for GSM1900, and 50 is some weird US standard. [...]
    As a general rule of thumb, xx10 is EGSM 900/1800, xx20 is US TDMA800/analog, xx30 is EGSM 900/1800 also, as is xx50 (nope, it's not a US standard), xx60 is US TDMA800/1900/analog, xx85 is US CDMA800/1900/analog, and xx90 is US GSM1900 (although the 8890 was EGSM900/USGSM1900). I think they differentiate the xx10, xx30, and xx50 by where in Europe, Africa, or Asia Pacific they're sold. They seem to lately be restricting their US offerings to the xx60s and xx90s, though.
    Sadly, when it comes to cellphones, you're a small market, and I guess they think it's not worth the time and effort developing the really good phones. More widespread deployment of GSM in the US would help, but even then, it has to have a different model for the 1900MHz frequency, since Nokia don't seem terribly keen on making tri-band phones. [...]
    Actually, the problem is that the most ubiquitous coverage in the States is...wait for it...analog. We've got much bigger spaces between our populated areas than many places. Since they don't have to waste circuit space on analog hardware, they get to add cool features to GSM phones.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12