1.    #1  
    Anybody have any luck with their signal? My Treo 755p had a far better signal.
    I actually have some really good signal where I'm at. Every now and then, if I prop the phone on my shoulder, the person I'm talking to tells me that they can't understand me because it sounds garbled.. Other than that, I don't have any issues with my signal strength or quality
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I had a Treo 755p as well but i'm actually finding the Palm Pre to get better signal where i'm at.
    My issue is with the variable 1x <-> EVDo <-> offline nonsense that happens at random times when my phone is just sitting on the desk, not moving. Weird stuff. Hopefully, Palm will come out with a radio tweak in their next update. Awesome phone otherwise!!!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  5. 8er
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Seems the signal is better when the slider is opened, less dropped calls
    Signal for me is stable, but originally wasn't. Nothing out of the ordinary since certain weather or interference would lessen the signal just like on all my other phones in the past. I typically have a constant 2 bars with occational 3 bars and 1 bar during bad weather or interference.

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadCircus View Post
    I actually have some really good signal where I'm at. Every now and then, if I prop the phone on my shoulder, the person I'm talking to tells me that they can't understand me because it sounds garbled.. Other than that, I don't have any issues with my signal strength or quality
    You're covering the microphone hole with your cheek or chin or something. It's possible to still prop the pre and not have this happen if you use it with your right ear and position the side of the pre with the microphone slightly more away from your body so that the microphone isn't covered.
    Airave definitely helps. Ask Sprint about that.

My only signal issue is in my cubicle. I put my phone by my right hand = No signal or Roaming.

Put the phone two feet to the left = full signal. Might have my own personal black whole by my mouse.
    I have been considering the airave but i only have 2 questions that the sprint people have given me differing answers on.

1. Does it support data? One of my family members has a blackberry curve 8330 which does not support wi-fi.

2.Does it support nextel (iDEN) phones?

We live in an area where there is no coverage but we do have DSL so we do have support for the airave.

Please Help
    1. yes but not 3g. (i.e. 1x)

2. No, just CDMA support. Unless you have the crossover phones that work on Nextel, but use the CDMA network to send DC calls as Voice over IP.