Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just saw a news article that said Sprint is going to have 17, 4G markets by end of 2009 and more like Boston, Houston, New York, San Fran. & D.C. next year.

Has anyone found more information on more specific markets?
    OVERLAND PARK, Kan.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Aug. 11, 2009– Sprint (NYSE:S), the first national wireless carrier to test, launch and market 4G technology, is extending its 4G leadership by launching the next-generation service across the country. Today, it announced the addition of 17 new markets to its national Sprint 4G roll-out plans. These additional markets join the previously announced markets of Atlanta; Chicago; Dallas-Fort Worth; Honolulu; Las Vegas; Portland, Ore.; Philadelphia and Seattle.

The new additions for 2009 are: Abilene, Texas; Amarillo, Texas; Austin, Texas; Boise, Idaho; Bellingham, Wash.; Charlotte, N.C.; Corpus Christi, Texas; Greensboro, N.C.; Killeen-Temple, Texas; Lubbock, Texas; Maui, Hawaii; Midland-Odessa, Texas; Raleigh, N.C.; Salem, Ore.; San Antonio, Texas; Waco, Texas; and Wichita Falls, Texas.

Sprint Says 4G Coming to 17 Additional Markets in 2009 | Telecompetitor
    Now if only they would announce the super secret ninja 4g radio hidden w/in the pre
    I hope they finish putting it all nationwide.. 4g is fast!!!
    Sounds like they really want to hit it off on Texas territory
    its great to be a texan
    Quote Originally Posted by d1sturbd View Post
    its great to be a texan
    Sure is!

And BTW....BOOMER SOONER!
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    I hope they finish putting it all nationwide.. 4g is fast!!!
    faster than hsdpa?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    God bless texas!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    woo hoo,

San Antonio here
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I haven't heard much about 4G. I looked up and a couple place are stating 100meg down and 50 meg up?!?! Is this true? This seems a little over exagerated.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 93akkord View Post
    I haven't heard much about 4G. I looked up and a couple place are stating 100meg down and 50 meg up?!?! Is this true? This seems a little over exagerated.
    That sounds more like the eventual goal of Long Term Evolution (LTE). Sprint's 4G (WIMAX?) is supposed to be around 3mb down, 1.5 up. Read up some more here:

Mobile Term Madness: LTE, WiMax, EV-DO and More Explained - At&t - Gizmodo
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    That sounds more like the eventual goal of Long Term Evolution (LTE). Sprint's 4G (WIMAX?) is supposed to be around 3mb down, 1.5 up. Read up some more here:
    thanks for the link! I'll read up on it now.

One last question....will our Pre's have 4G capabilities?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brain26 View Post
    woo hoo,

San Antonio here
    satx here too
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    Sure is!

And BTW....BOOMER SOONER!
    lol you guys still sore??
    Quote Originally Posted by 93akkord View Post
    WiMax is an IEEE 802.16 standard. The current version being rolled out gives around DSL speeds 4-6mbps constant with bursts up to 10-12mbps.

802.16m is a revision to WiMax which should give 100mbps to mobile devices and 1gbps to fixed antennas. This is currently being worked on.

Just like we have EVDO Rev 0, Rev A, Rev B, etc...we will have different revisions to WiMax. Same will happen for LTE. (GSM 4G)
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brain26 View Post
    woo hoo,

San Antonio here
    SA TOWN 210... I'm proud to be a Texan
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thenoan View Post
    satx here too
    Quote Originally Posted by enm2307 View Post
    SA TOWN 210... I'm proud to be a Texan
    Lots of San Antonio fellas in here. I am stationed here now (Army) but I grew up in Teague, TX, east of Waco.
    Does the Pre have a radio in it that will support this?
    nope
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast