Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    anyone else ever been told to read everything before you agree to it?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Been a long discussion about this going on for days in this other thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...y-privacy.html

I'm happy to be Pre-free, no Pre for me!
    So, is it also fair to say that you are HAPPY HAPPY to be cell-phone free? If not, I suggest you ditch what ever cell phone you have as it DOES THE SAME THING. They ALL do. How do you think CELL works, anyway? This is one way the cell phone company knows how to bill you. They KNOW how many minutes you use, they know, to good precision, where you are because the phone has to switch from cell to cell as you travel. That's how it works. Each time you switch cells, your phone's ID is sent out (which, by the way, happens every few seconds or minutes as the phone keeps saying 'hey, I'm here' and, hence, why your battery drains faster while the cell radio is on.)

Better watch those helicopters flying around!
    I agree... why would they care? Way too much storage to keep all this information.
    If Palm cares enough to go to the effort necesssary to follow my actions....fine!!! If they are stupid enough to ever do anything that harms me or my family with that information....my attorneys will make legal mince meat of them and do so in the media to boot!!!! Frankly I do not think a company in Palms position would dare try anything!!!!!!!!!! Besides, how do they know someone isnt doing the same to them every day anyway!
    Quote Originally Posted by drfrog View Post
    If Palm cares enough to go to the effort necesssary to follow my actions....fine!!! If they are stupid enough to ever do anything that harms me or my family with that information....my attorneys will make legal mince meat of them and do so in the media to boot!!!! Frankly I do not think a company in Palms position would dare try anything!!!!!!!!!! Besides, how do they know someone isnt doing the same to them every day anyway!
    dood you must have some seeeerious legal guns at your side if you could even contemplate taking on a major corp like Palm. are you kidding... some times it hard to tell on forums of course.

and how exactly would you quantify the "harm" done to you by Palm?

and when you "some one doing it to them" ... do you mean someone one beaming Palm's app usage to Palm? this doesn't jibe with the thread. if you mean industrial espionage, than thats something wholly different. We are talking about persoanl phone usage privacy.

See. the problem is folks talking about what they would do, and blustering about how it will never happen to them.

That is like not carrying a spare tire in the trunk because you can always just sue the company that produced the still-under-warranty tire which popped and left you stranded in the middle of the Mojave. Your still in dire straits.

Idle internet threats of bringing the legal smackdown on Plam aren't likely to generate much action on their side.

The best solution is to make your privacy prefernces known to Palm and Sprint. At a minimum. Call in. Only if you care as much as your many exclamation points would indicate, of course.
    the fact is more and more
    phone do this and iphone...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12