Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    What's on your wishlist?

Mine:
    • Mini HDMI out
    • 16 to 32gb memory
    • SD slot
    • 3.3" screen
    • CPU capable of playing 720p video (for the HDMI out)
    • Powered USB capable of reading thumb drives\USB CF adapters

Would pretty much make it the perfect phone for me...
    wow, i knew this was coming...why don't we just focus on improving this version of Pre first..
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Seeing as how there's no shortage of "I hate this" or "Let's add this" threads, and we can't exactly change the hardware of the current Pre...
    Most of the stuff on your wishlist would make the Pre much bigger than it already is. I'd settle for adding a miniSD slot, turning the center button into a trackball, and improving the slider mechanism.
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
    Is there really going to be a palm pre 2 ? If so will it be coming out late 2009?
    please stop all this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pre 1 is just starting
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Good God people, if you don't want to participate, just go somewhere else. It isn't that hard...

Here, I'll even help.
    Engadget actually had a spy photo of the pre w/ the screen rotating landscape but leaving the keyboard how it is currently. If this swivel was an OPTION- while it looks silly- I'd love horizontal viewing while typing.

vcard,vcal support, Micro SD slot up to 32GB, swap center button to multicolored trackball- put a button on either side of ball and remove gesture area function altogether and just use trackball and button combos. (gesture is way too slow) increase system RAM or operating speed- the amount of time wait for my calendar to refresh is killing me.

Some form of dock connector or exposed usb port on the bottom ie: Treo 800 or Pro- Pre's in the middle of the phone on the side w/ a silly breakable door is just plain poor design. Palm INVENTED the dock connector idea- iphone/ipod copied it- and the Pre was the 1st phone to fully abandon it- in lieu of a costly touchstone that doesn't support data transfer- only charging?
    Just FYI, that was just an example of the unintended oreo effect, not an actual leaked future feature...
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whippingboy View Post
    Engadget actually had a spy photo of the pre w/ the screen rotating landscape but leaving the keyboard how it is currently. If this swivel was an OPTION- while it looks silly- I'd love horizontal viewing while typing.

vcard,vcal support, Micro SD slot up to 32GB, swap center button to multicolored trackball- put a button on either side of ball and remove gesture area function altogether and just use trackball and button combos. (gesture is way too slow) increase system RAM or operating speed- the amount of time wait for my calendar to refresh is killing me.

Some form of dock connector or exposed usb port on the bottom ie: Treo 800 or Pro- Pre's in the middle of the phone on the side w/ a silly breakable door is just plain poor design. Palm INVENTED the dock connector idea- iphone/ipod copied it- and the Pre was the 1st phone to fully abandon it- in lieu of a costly touchstone that doesn't support data transfer- only charging?
    Definitely agreed on all this - hate trying to select things with a gesture, calendar is slow, and HATE the USB door.
    i want mine to shoot laser beams. if it washed my car; i would buy it. and if theres no dna replication tool...then f the palm 2
  12. 8er
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabigappledadon View Post
    wow, i knew this was coming...why don't we just focus on improving this version of Pre first..
    Agreed. Number one for me is the large size of the dial/off hook button. To.o easy to do the wrong thing
    I just want them to fix the Missing Basic Features.

I don't even want them to think about another feature until then.

Palm has 939 employees and is being blown away by a guy who is a pilot and another who owns a BBQ stand.

We are at a point of saying, "You are not getting out anything else until everything you already have out is cleaned up."

- Craig
    Wouldn't it be the Palm Post, or the Palm During? I don't think Palm Pre 2 makes sense with these other options.

And, I see no reason why we need anything other than what we have, it's an exceptional device and the more I compare it to the iPhone the more I love it.

7gigs of multimedia space is plenty, I see no reason to have 500,000 songs and 100 movies on the thing if I'm only going to listen to 100 songs and ever watch 2 movies once.

If you have more space you don't really need an sd slot... or vice versa, it just defeats the purpose in my opinion...

Why would you want an HDMI out??? If I want HD i'd just stream it from a computer... I don't see the point of getting it on a computer, then putting it onto a device, then watching it....

I say be happy with the exceptional device, in my opinion it could be around for years without needing any new hardware, the software patches are the only things needed, and they've already took quite a few steps forward, in a year we'll have a device which is on par with the next iPhone which comes out, and a year later the next, and we won't have to buy a new iPhone each time.
    The phone definitely needs a larger screen. Who gives a damn if it fits perfectly in your hand!! Id much rather have a larger screen. The device needs some major hardware modifications...although I like the design..I dont love it. Its okay...and it seems most people think the same thing...cant believe Palm spent years on a device that looks alright. It looks worse once your fingerprints have rubbed against the entire phone...I have a Pre and when I set my phone on the table no one really wonders what it is or asks what it is...since it looks ok..I think more people would turn their heads towards a Blackberry Bold than a Pre with both screens shut off.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    More memory (my pre swaps quite a bit.. and is lagging when it does)
    faster processor (tegra or similar processor that can handle larger video better plus mutlitask better)
    larger screen (I wouldn't mind a webos device w/ a 4" screen)
    better battery
    better bluetooth

-m