1.    #1  
    I was thinking.

I don't see a stylus in the photos I've seen of the Treos with the thumbboards. Do they have any digitizer functions? If not, does that mean the units will be less fragile to falls and what-not?

Could we for once have a PDA that is as rugged as a GameBoy?

I haven't read anything along these lines, but if this wasn't taken advantage of, it was a lost opportunity.
    From the Treo FAQ:
    Q. Can I use both the QWERTY keyboard and Graffiti for data input?
    A. No. The Treo communicator is available in two versions: one with a built-in QWERTY keyboard and one with Graffiti handwriting input. Both, however, employ a digitized screen and both include a stylus. With the digitized screen, users can take advantage of third-party applications like Jot, for example, that allow you to use on-screen Graffiti with the keyboard version, or an on-screen keyboard with the Graffiti version.
    (Emphasis mine.)

You'd need a stylus/digitizer combo for one of Treo's biggest selling points: wireless web.
    Jeff
    Whats stopping someone from putting say jot on the treo? Or another graffiti alternative. I'm sure as soon as it comes out Jot or whatever will be updated to give graffiti to the treo.
    I swear, she told me she was 16!
    Originally posted by Coyote67
    Whats stopping someone from putting say jot on the treo? Or another graffiti alternative. I'm sure as soon as it comes out Jot or whatever will be updated to give graffiti to the treo.
    From the same FAQ answer I posted below:

...With the digitized screen, users can take advantage of third-party applications like Jot, for example, that allow you to use on-screen Graffiti with the keyboard version...
    Jeff
    Cool. That was one of my concerns about the keyboard Treo - much as I like thumb keyboards (I love my Blackberry), I want a digitizer and to occasionally use grafitti. I'm thinking more and more that a color Treo is in my future. Better start saving my pennies.
    Yes I use Jot on my Edge/VP to replace Graffiti. Before I have encounter a bug with Jot 1.2 with VP SMS (especially boilerplate will cause fatal reset), but later I use Jot 1.2.1 and the problem solved. If you can have Jot in addition to thumbpad, it could made your Treo more versatille than just either one way.