Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Is there any way to set the phone into a roam only mode? In the settings all I see is Automatic and Sprint Only. Other phone I had you could set to Only Roam.

I'm going into an area over the weekend that sprint digital doesn't cover.

Cheers!
    There is a patch that does this. I am using it on roam only and it improved my reception quite a bit in certain areas.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I called sprint they have no clue what you are talking about. Could you tell me how to get it on my phone?
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...S_Roam_Control

This page should have the patch or info you need to make the modification you seek. I Can't load the page right now due to some sort of traffic bottleneck on the net so I can't verify it for sure but if it isn't in that page it is somewhere on that site.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    It loaded for me. Got it installed. Will test it out on tuesday. Thanks much!
    How did it work? I'm thinking of doing the same.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    It didn't seem to make much of a difference. Still had the same bars, and data seemed slower.

There is a howto on this forum...i just came across it the other day. http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...only-mode.html

I used a few of his other hacks as well. Very easy and includes a way to uninstall. So I would just try it out. But you need to be rooted...
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donjski View Post
    Is there any way to set the phone into a roam only mode? In the settings all I see is Automatic and Sprint Only. Other phone I had you could set to Only Roam.

I'm going into an area over the weekend that sprint digital doesn't cover.

Cheers!
    Just out of curiosity what are you trying to achieve - if you're out of range of Sprint then it will roam. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $main$ $use$ $for$ $the$ $roam$-$only$ $mode$ $is$ $areas$ $where$ $Sprint$ $coverage$ $is$ $very$ $marginal$.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Lol dbh, If you read the end of my quoted post. You can see that I was going to an area where Sprint coverage is very marginal.
    Is there a hash code that would do the same thing?