Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Curious, Has anyone heard what Palm will be adding to their next update when/if they put out a new one? The reason for asking was when the last update was about to come out there were people that had their sources as to what was going to be updated way before the release was to come out. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, please keep the yelling very low. Thanks. I just like to get excited early and then wait and wait for the new update.

As for what i am waiting for, is the ability to forward text messages without a hack, and also the ability to record video. Other than that, i am very happy with my phone. Why they left those (2) items out is beyond on me.
    Last edited by Partyman; 08/04/2009 at 04:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    I heard palm will be adding usb popcorn popper capability.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    As with every other update, I am still praying they finally implement/fix cert based authentication for EAS. I want my corporate e-mail damn it!

Love to hear any news or rumors about what/when the next update will be - bring 'em on...

- Chris
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I heard there was a software update to fix the USB crack and Oreo Effects.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    The only rumor I am hearing lately is 150 new apps are coming in a week or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    really?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    true
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    lol all the rumors posted above yours are believable compared to yours
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Quote Originally Posted by ckgoodwin View Post
    As with every other update, I am still praying they finally implement/fix cert based authentication for EAS. I want my corporate e-mail damn it!

Love to hear any news or rumors about what/when the next update will be - bring 'em on...

- Chris
    What kind of issues are you having? I'm an exchange admin who has been running on this phone since day one with zero issues.
    Hopfully we can get a pn screen keyboard in the next update but I doubt we will.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    What kind of issues are you having? I'm an exchange admin who has been running on this phone since day one with zero issues.
    Thanks for asking, Not 100% sure, but seems to be an issue with having the Pre present client certs. Our admin requires a root cert and client cert (issued by our local domain CA) for access to EAS. Both certs are installed on the phone, but connecting to EAS fails with an error about invalid credentials or date/time incorrect. When browsing to OWA on the same server via the Pre's web browser it also does not seem to present the client cert and you always get the "This page requires a client certificate" error. The same config works fine for iPhones.

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

- Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyman View Post
    Curious, Has anyone heard what Palm will be adding to their next update when/if they put out a new one? The reason for asking was when the last update was about to come out there were people that had their sources as to what was going to be updated way before the release was to come out. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, please keep the yelling very low. Thanks. I just like to get excited early and then wait and wait for the new update.

As for what i am waiting for, is the ability to forward text messages without a hack, and also the ability to record video. Other than that, i am very happy with my phone. Why they left those (2) items out is beyond on me.

i like those 2 items but i would also like to include yahoo, and hotmail msng
    the latest rumors were posted on a different thread but i will re say them. Software update in 28 days from today if im counting right. Update include video recording, text forwarding, and cpu scaling and voltage regulation. There is more stuff in that update like changing sounds of different things but i just posted the biggies.
    The update will be useless to me without the ability to search Calendar events. I know people get jazzed over the promise of additional media and preference options, but that's truly minor stuff. Is the Pre a business tool or not?