Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I hate you guys..... because now I want a Pre and I have a 3GS. I'm tired of having an app launcher as a phone. But I'm stuck on a contract with AT&T so I'll wait for a GSM version. Once Palm gets the WebOS through few updates, a bunch of apps in the App catalog, and quality issues nailed it will be a great device. Kinda off topic but do you think Palm will have a one year product cycle like Apple?
    Last edited by twigg; 07/29/2009 at 02:19 AM.
    oh god... I was worried I was about to see a flamewar here!
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twigg View Post
    I hate you guys..... because now I want a Pre and I have a 3GS. I'm tired of having an app launcher as a phone. But I'm stuck on a contract with AT&T so I'll wait for a GSM version. Once Palm gets the WebOS through few updates, a bunch of apps in the App catalog, and quality issues nailed it will be a great device. Kinda off topic but donyou think Palm will have a one year product cycle like Apple?
    I am hoping they fix their hardware quality issues

Nice tease though
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    Quote Originally Posted by twigg View Post
    Kinda off topic but donyou think Palm will have a one year product cycle like Apple?
    Yes.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clack View Post
    I am hoping they fix their hardware quality issues

Nice tease though
    I hope they do or else it's going to be a huge problem when they ship it globally.
    i was gonna go
    ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
    Fail.
    I hope they only have a one year product cycle! In the mobile phone industry, one year product life cycle is pretty normal. And by then the 8GB Pre will start to look pretty dated imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Yeah.
    If a one year cycle then everyone here should be eligible for a phone upgrade, right?
    only if you are with sprint and are a part of the sprint premiere. otherwise it roughly comes out to be around 125$ off the unactivated price of phones
    I was thinking the same thing...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Yeah.
    If a one year cycle then everyone here should be eligible for a phone upgrade, right?
    isn't it 18 months before you can upgrade?
    Can you send my your iphone ?!?!
    Your bad on the 3GS....
    Nah, not a one year product cycle, there seems to be the EOS/Pixie coming out before then if rumors to be believed..which I think its true to compete with the $99 iPhone. I do like that classic treo style candy bar form factor but Pre spoiled me already with the big screen.
    Wow, wasn't expecting that as a first post given the title!

And yeah, I'd expect a ~1 year product cycle.
    my brother said the same thing when he saw my pre
    Apple is on a one year cycle??? That is news to me
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Yeah, each summer they release a new iphone or iphone update.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    C'est la vie...there's always something newer...but the Palm Pre has got the spotlight right now...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast