1.    #1  
    Hi, new here so sorry if this is a repost. But how is this pre as a phone?? I hear a lot of talk about the apps and stuff but nothing on the actual phone itself. Is it good quality? Do you have the same reception? losing calls? etc. I know when I switched phones before I lost some bars that I had before??
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I came from Verizon with excellent service to Sprint when the Pre came out. My service hasn't changed at all.

There have been 2 dropped calls, but that was from driving through a deadzone( there isn't a carrier that gets reception there ).

I have no issues with the Voice Quality, touch screen dialing can be a bit meh sometimes, but generally im calling Contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonWood View Post
    I came from Verizon with excellent service to Sprint when the Pre came out. My service hasn't changed at all.

There have been 2 dropped calls, but that was from driving through a deadzone( there isn't a carrier that gets reception there ).

I have no issues with the Voice Quality, touch screen dialing can be a bit meh sometimes, but generally im calling Contacts.
    Use a speed dial then.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    As a phone, it gets great service (Where I live anyways), it has never dropped a call before and the quality is great.
  5.    #5  
    thanks guys
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsparc View Post
    Use a speed dial then.
    I was referring to when you have to dial a number that you have never dialed before- like late at night when I see those certain commercials.
    It works fine. Had a few issues at the start that were rectified. Office had crap service, but there was an update to the towers, and now eet ees berry goot.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonWood View Post
    I was referring to when you have to dial a number that you have never dialed before- like late at night when I see those certain commercials.
    lol
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Sound quality is great, no dropped calls as of yet, I've only had it for about two weeks though
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I switched from Verizon to Sprint on launch day. I have had no dropped calls and must say that I have been pleased with the service so far. I have noticed little difference between the two services in my area. On a hardware note, both incoming and outgoing voice quality is quite good and an improvement over my last verizon phone.
    i've been with sprint for about 2yrs.

i had a Motorola q9c, then HTC Diamond, and now the Palm Pre and from what i can remember, i've never had dropped calls until now...

3 dropped calls to be exact, in about 4 days into owning the Pre.

i am also having complaints from people telling me they've been calling me, but my phone doesn't ring... i hope this is all coincidental where i got dropped calls because i was in an area with no signal, but i doubt that...

i hope it doesn't keep on like this, i might have to go with the Blackberry Tour.
    i have been with sprint forever now and haven't had a dropped call in years....maybe i am just lucky or something - i just know where not to make calls i guess???
    I'm coming from the iPhone with AT&T where I was getting dropped calls galore - not an issue with Sprint. Also, the call quality is MUCH better.