Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Pre might get discounted further?!

So, we are all aware of the gossip concerning Pre sales coming in less than what Sprint/Palm apparently agreed to in order maintain Sprint's monopoly on the Pre.

And there seems to be rumors that simply Everything may be discounted to encourage new sales.

But what if Sprint pulls an Apple and reduces the pre to $99 dollars.

How will existing owners feel particularly if Sprint doesn't compensate early adopters?

Will you leave Sprint?
    Will you leave the Pre?
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    no i will not. (besides, i only paid $49 for my pre)
    I got mine off ebay for $299. I wasn't eligible for an upgrade Stupid me got an Instinct about 8 months ago. I should have continued to use my 700p untill the Pre came out.
    I would feel very angry if they didn't wait at least close to a yr. before reducing the price without giving compensation to people who paid the original price. That just doesn't seem fair to not take care of customers who buy your product and pay full price only to see others' get the same phone at a reduced price because Sprint isn't selling as many Pre's as they anticipated. If they discount this phone before a yr. I will be shocked and a bit angry at the same time. Just my feelings. Agree or not it's my opinion, and like a**holes everyone has one. lol
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer20 View Post
    I would feel very angry if they didn't wait at least close to a yr. before reducing the price without giving compensation to people who paid the original price. That just doesn't seem fair to not take care of customers who buy your product and pay full price only to see others' get the same phone at a reduced price because Sprint isn't selling as many Pre's as they anticipated. If they discount this phone before a yr. I will be shocked and a bit angry at the same time. Just my feelings. Agree or not it's my opinion, and like a**holes everyone has one. lol
    That's fair. But, another possibility is that Sprint decides to let exclusivity lapse...
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    While sales may have come down, they're still at a pretty good pace. 20,000 per week is still 1M per year. For a brand new phone on a single carrier in a single country, I don't think that's too bad. Chances are that once they get into Canada and UK, and once other web os devices are on other carriers, you'll see webos device sales pick up dramatically.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Well if they do lower the price, hopefully it's before mid august since my CC has price protection.
    if the price drops, you will get a refund assuming your pre is under 30 days old..
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    That's pretty incredible. I thought I got a good deal (4 phones @ $150 each). I wouldn't mind about the price drop...I'm happy with the phone and it is worth what I paid - that's all that matters to me.
    Well my 30 days still has a while to go, but I've been loyal to Sprint through a lot of drama since 1999. They usually make good by me even though I sometimes have to jump through hoops. I just hope they continue to appreciate people that have soldiered through all their miscues.
    Sprint may be forced to do something and if they do lower the phone price that is simply life. This market changes so rapidly I wouldn't be upset. Sure my rear end might tingle a bit but that is the price you pay for buying early. Same holds true with the issues the device has. Doesn't mean people won't ***** about it. The price drop will bother me less than the general lag and lack of normal options.
    I would be disappointed I didn't my Pre(s) for that cheap, but I would also be happy at the potential new users coming on board that would drive developers to the platform. I was prepared for early adopting costing me a little extra (time and) money
    I would say to at least get rid of the stupid MIR! The only reason I repurchased mine afte the 30 days is Best Buy had them in stock...
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    Maybe I should leave Sprint and Pre if I don't get reiumbursed $150, since I had to pay more.

OK, OK, maybe I won't leave, but I'll probably tell mommie that it's not fair.
    I might get a little upset that I paid $299 and now they would be $99!

But on the other hand.... I would probably buy a new one and give my old one to some one else!
    I'd be pissed, but I sure hoope they do it before my 30 days is up. If sprint wants to play that game THEN LETS PLAY.
    When you have a 16GB Iphone 3GS at $199 and an 8GB Iphone 3G at $99, Sprint needs to get their head out of the sand.
    Your completely sensationalist based on pure conjecture based on gossip title aside...

It is pretty unlikely that Sprint will discount the phone anytime soon and, even if they did, they would be very very very unlikely to give back money to early adopters who paid a higher price. That's just not going to happen. Price drops are just part of the business.

If they did drop the price to $99, I'd almost surely get my gf, mom, and sister to get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer20 View Post
    Apple did the very same thing with the iPhone. I paid the full price for a 4GB and then got $100 back when they lowered the price like 3 months later. Doubt Palm would do it, though. They are broke and I am not 100% sure if their customer service is on par with Apple... I mean, Apple has exceptional customer service.

You just gotta roll with the punches, such is the life of an early adopter.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I'd be pissed if they did lower the Simply Everything Plan.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast