Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Clack View Post
    That's fair. But, another possibility is that Sprint decides to let exclusivity lapse...
    It's likely that Sprint will do whatever it can to not lose the exclusivity. Discounting the plans make the most sense since they will only loose revenue but no real dollars. Besides they are already subsidizing the phones ... gww
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    My guess is the phone will go on sale right before Sprint's exclusive agreement is up
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
    It's likely that Sprint will do whatever it can to not lose the exclusivity. Discounting the plans make the most sense since they will only loose revenue but no real dollars. Besides they are already subsidizing the phones ... gww
    They will do whatever they need to make money. If keeping the phone exclusive to Sprint is more expensive than the money they project to make over 2 years, then they will let it lapse.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    When you have a 16GB Iphone 3GS at $199 and an 8GB Iphone 3G at $99, Sprint needs to get their head out of the sand.
    Thats a good point, i'm always comparing the Pre with the 3Gs, but it is much closer to the 3G iphone.
    If the Pre went on sale for $99, of course I would have liked to get the phone for less. However, remember no one forced us to buy these phones. With electronics, cars, etc.... the price always will always drop. Sometimes in a couple of months and sometimes in a year or two. This is the price which most consumers pay for "having to have it now." Its all about supply and demand. Usually when the demand is high so is the price and on opening day the demand for the pre was much greater then the supplies.

I would not return the phone because the price is less, yet I would ask CS if there was any way possible to credit my account the difference.... if they cannot, I would not be mad. All we can do is ask and either it will benefit us or not.
    wait a minute, can anyone point to the source of these rumors beside the ops comment?
    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    wait a minute, can anyone point to the source of these rumors beside the ops comment?
    There are not any. This thread is based soley on speculation.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    I would prefer Sprint sells the phone at $199 out the door or $199 with a $100 mail in. It's depressing to lose sales to third party stores like Best Buy when a customer can walk out the door with a Pre for $199 or $99 instant when we sell ours for $299 with a $100 mail in.

The Everything plan discount is new to me though, I personally think $99 is already good enough for EVERYTHING as opposed to the other carriers where you have to pay $99 for unlimited minutes, $20 for unlimited text and $30 for unlimited data. Whatever is good for the customers though, right? I'm game for whatever they do as it'll increase my sales.
    Moved from the Palm Pre forum to the Palm General Chat forum.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    no i will not. (besides, i only paid $49 for my pre)
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    I'd be pissed if they did lower the Simply Everything Plan.
    why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Clack View Post
    .....And there seems to be rumors that simply Everything may be discounted to encourage new sales.....
    With all due respect, could you please expand on your comment above?

This thread is the first time I'm hearing anything about the SE plan potentially being discounted in order to drive up new sales.

Any hard facts or evidence would be appreciated! Thanks.

..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    I'd be pissed if they did lower the Simply Everything Plan.
    OK?

Well, if Sprint ends up lowering the cost of the SE Plan, there's no need to be pissed. I'm sure Sprint will happily accept your payment if you decide to continue paying the original rates while everyone else pays for a lower bill.

..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
    With all due respect, could you please expand on your comment above?

This thread is the first time I'm hearing anything about the SE plan potentially being discounted in order to drive up new sales.

Any hard facts or evidence would be appreciated! Thanks.
    First, please re-read my original post were I clearly use the word "gossip".

Here is the article (on this very Forum no less) that was the basis of my speculation about a Pre price drop that I propose instead of an SE cost drop:

http://www.precentral.net/analysts-p...clusive-danger
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I would not care a single bit. The more pre phones to shove over the iphone the better. If I didn't want to pay the $199 the day the pre came out I would not have bought it.
    To Honor With Dignity- USAF Honor Guard
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12