Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I have been a Treo user for a few years now. I upgraded from 700wx to 800w when it came out. Now I am up for renewal Aug 1 and am trying to decide. I anxiously awaited the release of the Pre and now that it is out am hearing alot of mixed feedback. What's the votes of people been in similar situation? Should I go for the Pre or just upgrade to Treo Pro?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Go for the Pre. It is a very good device.
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronW1000 View Post
    I have been a Treo user for a few years now. I upgraded from 700wx to 800w when it came out. Now I am up for renewal Aug 1 and am trying to decide. I anxiously awaited the release of the Pre and now that it is out am hearing alot of mixed feedback. What's the votes of people been in similar situation? Should I go for the Pre or just upgrade to Treo Pro?
    Well it really depends on what you need the phone for...more for business purposes or personal use. For Business i personally would not recommend the Pre right now until more apps come out..but with the release of the sdk I would imagine that by Christmas we should have a nice selection to choose from.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND it!!! I LOVE IT!! It does the one thing MANY PHONE dont do.. MULTITASK!!! That has been a great change because on my treo 755P, sometimes I didnt get calls cause I was on the internet or sending msgs and with my PRE.. NO ISSUES!!

I would NEVER change it for anything in the world! I have only had one issue with it and its the sliding is a bit lose but other than that.. NO OTHER COMPLAINTS!!!

GET THE PRE!! It's well worth it!
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    For business, it's an alright phone. For personal use, I would really recommended it.
    i came from a treo 755p for the past two years and love the pre - everything except the calendar. i would absolutely agree that if you are going to use the phone for a lot of business the treo would be the way to stay for now.
    Glad I found this forum!

I too am trying to decide whether or not to upgrade to the Pre (from a Treo 700p).

Mine would be for personal use. Here are my issues:

1. One of my hot buttons is contacts. I've heard that the Pre auto adds any email you've ever emailed, NOT just the ones in your email contacts list (I use gmail). Anyone had that issue?

2. Also, call me old fashioned, but I still send out 200+ xmas cards and create labels from the current Palm contacts list. Can I do that from gmail contacts (which is where I would be xferring my contacts)?

3. Any issues xferring address and phone info. from the Treo to gmail contacts? Was there a lot of "cleaning up" to do??

4. Staying w/Sprint -- don't really want to do that since I've been w/them since '00 and am ready for a switch to Verizon - which I understand will carry the Pre in January. Anyone heard that? I would hope that alot of these app problems would be solved by then.

Thx in advance for help/advice.

M.
    For business an all right phone? Maybe. If you are one that edits documents (Word type of stuff), creates/edits spread sheets and database stuff, the Pre is not the one to go with. Sure it has Classic; however, Classic supports 1 window/card at a time and that effectively means you have a Palm OS in your hand.