1.    #1  
    Sorry if this has already been discussed or posted in the wrong section. I am wondering if there was a way to get my Pre to play AVI movie files or if it only plays MPEG4 files? Also if it only plays MPEG4 files then what is a good program to convert AVI file to MPEG4 files on my computer so i can put them on my Pre. Thanks for any help possible.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Prism Video Converter is a good application to convert your videos into a multitude of formats. I have found that the Pre seems to playback 3gp videos the best. Prism easily handles that format and many others. Video Converter Software - Convert AVI MOV WMV FLV Video Files
  3.    #3  
    thank you for your quick reply
    I used the new realplayer sp to move my avi's over to my pre...it auto converts
    For those looking for a free solution, you can try WinFF (Windows/Linux)
    WinFF - Free Video Converter

or ffmpegX for Mac
    http://homepage.mac.com/major4/

Both are based on the open source ffmpeg
  6.    #6  
    Hey I really appreciate it, I am new to this site and new to the phone but I really like this site so bare with me if I post more questions. Again thanks alot.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    SUPER is also a kludgey but very capable converter. It is also freeware.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    Here is the best program to use to convert avi files to mp4 for the pre.
    Videora Palm Pre Converter Download

Its free, works flawlessly and has settings for image and sound quality.