Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    I have a functioning brain and eyeballs and know how to read/process information?
    No. I'm serious. If you have facts to back up your assertion that most users here are "paranoid" "hardcore tech users" that "expect the best" please share.

I have seen plenty of users here that don't seem to be "hardcore tech users," most people here don't seem "paranoid" (though a few seem to be) and it seems to me that "hardcore tech users" would be more likely to know what to expect from tech gadgets rather than "expect the best."

I think you are making generalizations about the people here based on your own expectations and feelings and not based on facts.
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    You can't base your numbers on something as biased as a message board. People that don't have problems with their device are 90% more likely to not discuss their situation in the forums. Regardless, 40% counting exchanges/replacements sound about right to me. I had 2 exchanges myself.
  3. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akarol View Post
    You can't base your numbers on something as biased as a message board. People that don't have problems with their device are 90% more likely to not discuss their situation in the forums. Regardless, 40% counting exchanges/replacements sound about right to me. I had 2 exchanges myself.
    So you're saying "You shouldn't base such things on a biased source such as a message board, but I'm going to go ahead and agree with the article based on my own anecdotal experience"

Brilliant!

Suffice it to say that we won't know until Palm/Sprint release actual numbers.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I don't know if it is as high as 40%, but it could be --- that is 1.2 in 3 devices being returned.

Let's also be clear that being returned and being exchanged are not being differentiated. And it isn't clear how the TEP will be factored in since it is likely that some defective hardware was erroneously referred to TEP by Sprint employees.

It is also not helping that Palm is not revealing the defect return rate is -- regardless if defects were servied by Sprint, Best Buy or TEP. If it was something to brag about, they'd have released that information already.

But, the next Quarterly report from Palm will hopefully address the issue.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akarol View Post
    Brilliant: your own experience is 2 out of 3 devices are bad, which is 2/3, which is a whopping 66.6% return rate for you.
    Last edited by Clack; 07/22/2009 at 07:50 PM.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mecca View Post
    Even at 40 percent many of you are doing multiple returns. The pecent of Pre owners making returns is small. Those of you making 5 returns per phone line?
    Not all users recognize defects. Look at the current Administration.
    This numbers can freak anyone. But the true is to get rid of this problems, then we are talking about getting the 2nd gen of pre's and it's kinda early for that.
    Anyway i'm getting my pre in 10 days, and if i have the exchange it more than 8 times, it's gonna be alright with me since i have been paying for protection plan for more than 5 years i thank god (knocking on wood) that i have use it twice. So i guess with the pre i'm gonna get even by getting new palm pre's.

Any way this are just my 2 cent and i might be wrong (like always).
    Quote Originally Posted by Clack View Post
    Not all users recognize defects. Look at the current Administration.
    And worse, look at the previous administration.
    Wow, now I remember why I avoid "Oh no, the sky is falling" type threads like this one. Will someone else release a new 'Apple-killer' already so that we can stop all this and just go back to discussing the phone?
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Wow, now I remember why I avoid "Oh no, the sky is falling" type threads like this one. Will someone else release a new 'Apple-killer' already so that we can stop all this and just go back to discussing the phone?
    It's called Andriod mostly because their hardware works.
    My Treo 755P was GARBAGE. Went through 3 in 1 year. As for my Pre_ I love it! Nobody has complained on my end. Heck I and writing this on my Pre. Its amazing.. I use mine heavy. Working out, work and play.
    i think i'm going to bump that number up, i'm contemplating returning it due to my constant dropped calls .
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345