Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Returned mine and canceled my Sprint account.
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blake247 View Post
    Returned mine and canceled my Sprint account.
    Congratulations!
    What respectable firms does an analysis of mainstream users based on an enthusiast forum?

What the hell? I would fire them right away if I was employing them.

What the hell?

What the hell?

What the hell?
    There are some possible hardware issues, reception being one of them (which I suffer from), but a lot can be solved with a good update. I also own a BB Curve, and can tell you that it doesn't feel like its made very well, yet I've inadvertantly dropped it twice (actually my holster came open and it fell out) and both times the back cover popped off and the battery tumbled out, yet the phone still works perfectly. I've read of others experiencing the same thing with the Pre, and I suspect its better made than we give it credit for overall (minus those with legit issues of course). We're just nervous because its a new and untested phone. I just plan on babying mine, and looking expectantly for continual updates which will only improve our user experience.
    am I the only one who noticed that the wesite quoted in the report is precentral.com not precentral.net which is this website. from what I read precentral.com is a web squatter.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnmous1 View Post
    I'm a numbers geek/analyst/researcher and I'll tell you that even IF the numbers are that high (which I really doubt) the sample from which he got his data (us) is so incredibly skewed that is has zero bearing on reality. Again, he MAY have reached the same numeric conclusion using a random sample of Pre purchasers (again, VERY doubtful) but to have written this...then been quoted...is just incredible. The "study" has no validity.

bj
    I asked myself how many times I have returned my Pre (0 times), and therefore know that the return rate is 0.
    Sprint's policy to not repair minor issues may contribute to a higher rate than normal, but 40% would be shocking. This may also have to do with people shelling out $300 for a phone and expecting it to be perfect out of the box (rightly so). Sprint's limited service in the little and franchise stores can't help. The only way we would know if this were a Palm or Sprint problem is if there were two distinct service models to compare.

I purchased two phones, and have had 3 replacements. 1 of them legitimate, the other two were ticky tacky issues that I would have preferred repair over exchange. (keyboard not working), battery not holding a charge etc.

I prefer repair over exchange because in my experience, trading a small error for an unknown doesn't make sense. I don't think the Sprint guys have a choice.

I may have to return another because it keeps losing sync with my Palm account. I have to reset it once every other day or so, otherwise I cannot see email, sms or even address book.

Again, this is a case where I would rather Sprint do a sw fix, but i fear going in there and getting it swapped out. if that happens, the exchange rate for my two phones would be 200%. It seems uncecessary.
    Thank you
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    What about all the people who bought the Pre and are not posting on this forum?

Conservatively, if Sprint sold 400K Pres, and every member of precentral (185k) contributed to that survey and owned a Pre (we know that didn't happen) then we would have 40% defective rate for less than half of the Pres sold. I highly doubt that this forum even captures 10% of Pre owners.

What a moron for using that information to make a posting on a financial / stock blog.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    The numbers could be correct. I returned mine and went to ATT after 10 years with sprint.
    I posted this in another thread, but I went to exchange mnie today at Best Buy and had the nicest rep help me. She told me that their location (In Chicago, was the 'demo store') had received so many returns / exchanges that it reminded her of the BB Storm when it was released. Many 'disatisfied' customers, but a lot of 'defective' units. (Resets, wobble / oreo, clicking, creaky, you name it). I was, like, "Really? I thought it was just a lot of people on the web, but didn't account for a real-world number." She said that about 50% of their supply had been returned. I was amazed.

My replacement seemed to be perfect except for light leakage at the bottom, which bothers me... But her seemingly genuine take on it was a bit worrisome that the analyst may be "in the ballpark." I hope not, but I was taken aback..
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knsnik View Post
    It does seem possible to me, as much as I hate to say so. We have 3 pre's on a bus. line 2 of which we had no problems with. The third however had to be replaced twice. First time because of weak wifi and second time due to phone freezing solid after partial reset when stuck in no signal. Third try seems to be going good so far, knock on wood. I have had very little problems with mine, just the loose battery prob. I now have an emergancy dollar with me at all times lol.
    LOL so your own rate of return was around 33%. not to far off from the 40%.
    And this is NOT counting the fact you returned one 2 times.

Also, why would you keep a phone that requires you to do strange stuff to keep the battery connected?
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Anyone with half a brain would realize that an enthusiast site is going to have totally skewed data as most people who would come here are hardcore tech users, and thus paranoid and expect the best. On top of that, the poll could easily be manipulated by IPhone users (not saying it was) just saying, how could you issue a sell rating based on an internet poll. Ridiculous.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    People will do anything to justify a sell position and make a name for themselves. thanks ******bag for messing with the stock price....
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    People will do anything to justify a sell position and make a name for themselves. thanks ******bag for messing with the stock price....
    Same kind of idiots that inflated gas prices last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    most people who would come here are hardcore tech users, and thus paranoid and expect the best.
    You just made that up.

What evidence do you have to suggest that most people here are "hardcore tech users," that such users are "paranoid" or that such users "expect the best?"
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    You just made that up.

What evidence do you have to suggest that most people here are "hardcore tech users," that such users are "paranoid" or that such users "expect the best?"
    I have a functioning brain and eyeballs and know how to read/process information?
    This sort of thing happens with 1st gen products. I'm pretty sure the defective ones will be fixed and used a refurbs later on.

Still doubt 40%.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaer57 View Post
    I think the fact that this "analyst" is referring to a completely unscientific and irrelevant poll (Sprint and Palm would be the only valid source for this information) is the biggest concern here. If anyone takes financial advice from this person, than caveat emptor.
    I completely agree with your assessment. You cannot poll useres of an "enthusiast" wesite and base your investments off of the results.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Even at 40 percent many of you are doing multiple returns. The pecent of Pre owners making returns is small. Those of you making 5 returns per phone line?
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    I have a functioning brain and eyeballs and know how to read/process information?
    Sorry, not permitted with some users around here.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast