Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    All I know is that I have returned/exchange 100% of the pre's Iv'e had.4 in all.
    Everybody questioned at a store? So if people are returning their phones, they have the opportunity to get counted multiple times. Sounds really scientific to me.
    this articles had speculated the Storm was possibly high at 50%

BlackBerry Storm return rate as high as 50 percent? | PHONE Magazine

Just thinking... you see anyone around with a Storm? I havent and think it was a bomb.

I don't think it's that high for the pre as the article guesses and it's my poll their basing it on... but I wouldnt be surprised at 25% and that's crazy high for a product anyways.

I was really surprised at the numbers and that it kept going... I really expected a second wave of happy pre owners to pile on the votes and everyone had their chance (600+ votes is a lot). Surprised too at all the hardcores pre owners that mention exchanging 2-3x or more (and I say hardcore only because I see they are die hard fans in their posts but open to discuss their exchanges and do not believe them to be trolls). And the poll doesnt even include people that just plain returned it/no exchange.

I do think enough time has passed and July is a turning point and hope to see less posts of new phones getting returned and more sw updates.
    Last edited by donm527; 07/20/2009 at 06:51 PM.
    If I was an analyst, I wouldn't be touting a fan site as my credible source. Honestly, who does that? What a joke. I think the return rate is high, but tossing a number of 40% out there, without a factual basis, is irresponsible.
    Quote Originally Posted by smithwicks View Post
    If I was an analyst, I wouldn't be touting a fan site as my credible source. Honestly, who does that? What a joke. I think the return rate is high, but tossing a number of 40% out there, without a factual basis, is irresponsible.
    Gee when did that stop anyone.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smithwicks View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the "analyst" worked at one of the recent failed financial institutions for their day job. It would explain a lot...
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    Heres a good question.

Why the hell would someone whos had and returned 5 palm pres still be posting on this forum?

Get a life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordus View Post
    Heres a good question.

Why the hell would someone whos had and returned 5 palm pres still be posting on this forum?

Get a life.
    Dude. Take it easy. People like to complain and be heard. You're pissing into the wind by arguing that they shouldn't post.
    Quote Originally Posted by hedwiglives View Post
    It doesn't suprise me. Everyone I know that has had a Pre has either returned or exchanged it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ken0311 View Post
    I returned 4 phones myself, and a friend I know irl returned 3 phones. I think 40% sounds about right.
    I've returned 0 Pre's, and I have three friends locally that have purchased and have not returned theirs. Therefore, the return rate must actually be 0%.

I can't imagine any analyst that is serious about what he does, basing that analasys on anectdotal information found on a web site.

And even at that, he put a disclaimer out:
    we have neither sufficient confidence nor statistical relevance to bend this data into an official report
    What that boils down to is "We're confident to bash other's reputations with this information, but not confident enough to risk our own".
    Okay, I haven't returned mine, but it's only July. But aside from that, we heard about manufacturing problems which caused a delay and a lower shipment #.

In other words part of the reason for the low supply was manufacturing issues. Other than plant closures, what other type of manufacturing issues exist that would not affect the quality and build of the device? I can't think of any.

Thus, I feel blessed (still launch day Pre) and I'm glad I got the insurance. We may be dealing with more issues than a normal gen 1 device, but I still love my Pre and I'm not giving it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by hedwiglives View Post
    All I know is that I have returned/exchange 100% of the pre's Iv'e had.4 in all.
    So, you don't have one at all anymore? And you still hang around?
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Other than plant closures, what other type of manufacturing issues exist that would not affect the quality and build of the device? I can't think of any.
    Shortage of key component(s)
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Eww... analysts.
    But yeah, lots of exchanges.
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    gearlog. com/2009/01/ces_2009_iphone_has_30_return.php
    Dont know this guy but he was at CES and hes a CEO so he must be right. Sell your apple stock.

businessweek. com/technology/ByteOfTheApple/blog/archives/2007/08/how_high_are_ip.html

Considering that EVERY person who commenented on this blog post said they are returning their iphone...i estimate a 100% return rate on the Iphone. Sell your apple stock.
    I think this analysis, while being terribly unscientific, also ignores one important fact: many of the returns seem to be related to manufacturing defects. As such, the manufacturer would have to bear some large part of the cost of exchanges and returns.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    I wouldn't be suprised if he has connections to Apple.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I think this analysis, while being terribly unscientific, also ignores one important fact: many of the returns seem to be related to manufacturing defects. As such, the manufacturer would have to bear some large part of the cost of exchanges and returns.
    Well now, if you're going to start throwing some logic and common sense into the equation - fanboi!!
    As an analyst myself, I can say that to base financial advice upon a poll on an internet board is absolutely absurd. There are so many factors that could skew the result and he apparently took none of them into consideration.

Even if the gentleman ends up being right with his "guess" (which is all this is), his method of developing his conclusion is laughable. But, hey...he's got a bright future in politics...

My Pre has been working perfectly and I have not returned it. No other person I know owns a Pre. Therefore, Pre has a 0% returns rate.
    Originally posted by hparsons:
    Shortage of key component(s)
    What are key components? I have a phone. It works for calls, sms, e-mail, and web. I use all of these more than I did with my Treo, because it's so integrated and user friendly. The alerts are non-intrusive and I know I have e-mails w/o going into my e-mail app.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast