1.    #1  
    The Treo is great, but expensive. I'm wondering if Handspring will offer discounts to current VisorPhone owners who trade in their VisorPhone and Handheld combo? I know they ran a promotion like this on the Edge when it came out. They were encouraging thir customers to "upgrade". Why would I need my old Deluxe if the Treo is a PDA/Phone?

Has anyone heard about these possible buybacks or rebate possobilioties on the Treo?
    From the Hnadspring site:

Q. Is there a trade-in offer?
    A. Handspring plans to provide a trade-up incentive program for current VisorPhone customers wishing to upgrade to a Treo communicator. Details have not been finalized, but we will offer an upgrade path for the loyal customers who purchased the VisorPhone product.

Somehow I am assuming this merely means that they will let VisorPhone owners buy the Treo without activation at the "with activation rate" and let us transfer our SIM cards from the VisorPhone.

I could wish for a more generous offer but I am not especially hopeful.
    Originally posted by dennisl
    Somehow I am assuming this merely means that they will let VisorPhone owners buy the Treo without activation at the "with activation rate" and let us transfer our SIM cards from the VisorPhone.
    I hope they do this!
    Jeff
    I would be happy with this deal!