1.    #1  
    I am considering buying a palm pre, but I have a few questions that I forgot to ask when I visited sprint today. Hopefully you guys can help me.

1. I am a premier customer with a family plan and am going to branch off one line to use for the palm pre. Am I going to still be a premier customer even though that line will now only have the 450 data package?

2. I know the battery life isn't the best on this device, but how long does it take to fully charge. My touch diamond was horrible with battery, but it charged up really quick, so I didn't really mind it.

3. I have been using my ipod touch for tracking my exercise lifts, but recently lost it, and am wondering if this device has anything that might work for this. At my house, most of my workouts are on excel, but can you edit in excel on the palm pre?

Thanks in advance,

Jason
    You might have better luck posting this in the Pre forum. In fact, you might even find some of the amswers already there.

Good luck!
    I can only answer #2 for you. My battery charges fairly quickly, in under an hour it can got from 12% to 100%.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jason12 View Post
    2. I know the battery life isn't the best on this device, but how long does it take to fully charge. My touch diamond was horrible with battery, but it charged up really quick, so I didn't really mind it.
    I have calculated the charge speed of my Palm Pre. Please consider this an approximate charge speed. YMMV.

I started charging at 11:15pm @ 3% battery life.

I charged it while having various use (AIM, texting, browsing, settings, and off).

Finally, one hour later, at 12:15am, the battery life is now currently 50%.

Applying some fun, fun, fun math here: 12:15am - 11:15pm = 60min; 50% - 3% = 47%; 47%/60min = .78 battery life regenerated/min.

How long would it take for the phone to completely regenerate?: 100/.78 = ~128.2min.

However, I have noticed that by not using the phone at all, it charges a little more quickly, at ~1.00 battery life/min. It would require ~100min to charge completely.

Is this acceptable? You tell me.

Again, YMMV.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Is that charging off of the 1 amp wall transformer or the .55 amp USB outlet from a PC or such?
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    The wall. Good question there!
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    these specs should be somewhere in the dev community.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah peterman View Post
    I can only answer #2 for you. My battery charges fairly quickly, in under an hour it can got from 12% to 100%.
    Mine and I'm guessing just about all of them seem to charge fast like that. I was actually very happy when i saw how fast it charged.

Mine does seem to charge slower on the touchstone but it doesn't seem by much. I got home from work today and it was at 44% when i checked it after a hour on the touchstone it was at 100%. Maybe it just hit 100% charge right before i checked it but i don't know. Still pretty fast.