1.    #1  
    Here i am again unexpectedly finding the most interesting video pieces about Palm:

Jeff Hawkins: "The History of Palm and the Part-time Entrepreneur "

Stanford's Entrepreneurship Corner: Jeff Hawkins, Numenta - The History of Palm and the Part-time Entrepreneur

Its an hour long lecture.... but i just found myself just wanting and watching more - he says the diificulties he encountered witht the COmpany and how just a Passion for the product really just carried them through...

another interesing bit: "Palm's approach to elegant design"
    Stanford's Entrepreneurship Corner: Jeff Hawkins, Numenta - Palm's Approach to Elegant Design

Funny thing he was saying was that there was really a time when "Microsoft was going to kill us" with the plan to build their own operating system... and that MS was going to build thousands of features into it.... and people around him were telling him to give up and give in to Microsoft. BUT JH was still optimistic saying...

"no way! we can compete... what we have to do is to do what Microsoft can't do... Microsoft can't build a beautiful product"

Man that was genius! and he was definitely right!!

credit to STANFORD UNIVERSITY!!
    Unfortunately, based on the missing features/usability of the Pre, it appears that Jeff Hawkins had no involvement whatsoever with it's design. Palm needs to bring him back ASAP!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post
    Unfortunately, based on the missing features/usability of the Pre, it appears that Jeff Hawkins had no involvement whatsoever with it's design. Palm needs to bring him back ASAP!!
    He's the one that left, it's not really like he was pushed out or anything. At the time of the Foleo, he was already a part-time player, and since then got less and less involved.

(He might've possibly been annoyed that Palm killed his baby with the Foleo.)

Regardless, I think he'd have a few small improvements to the Pre, but nothing major.

Also, I listened to the whole lecture and q&a and it was great.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 07/13/2009 at 04:10 AM.
    I wish he'd still be around. A truly brilliant man. I wonder how his current work might have influenced webOS.

At the very least, we'd have better PIM apps

Thanks for posting this, I'll listen to it over the next couple days.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Jeff would never have let the Pre come to market with such mediocre PDA functionality (not to mention other shortfalls of WebOS). I'm praying constantly that the 1.1 firmware update will address at least some of those issues.