Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    went like this
    Thank you for your patience! An AT&T sales representative will be with you shortly.

You are now chatting with Dustin, an AT&T sales representative.

Dustin: Welcome to AT&T online Sales support. How may I assist you with placing your order today?
    anez: just looking at the cost of owning an iPhone 3GS
    Dustin: I will be happy to answer your iPhone questions!
    Dustin: Are you an existing wireless customer of AT&T?
    anez: no
    Dustin: Are you interested in the 16GB or 32GB phone?
    anez: i am currently with spring and Palm Pre but looking into the future for an iPhone
    anez: 16GB
    anez: sprint*
    Dustin: The 16GB iPhone 3G S is available for only $199.
    anez: yes i see
    anez: AT&T is very expensive
    anez: well theiPhone plans are
    anez: any reason why i should switch to AT&T?
    Dustin: Only AT&T has Rollover, the ability to keep your unused minutes each month. We offer a vastly superior network as we have the best audio quality in the markets we serve. We also use GSM, the world-standard wireless technology. Finally we offer a variety of Nation & Family Talk plans to fit your unique needs, plus the unbeatable iPhone is available only with AT&T.
    anez: well Sprint is a CDMA network. and already rolling out the new Xohm WiMax 4G.plus i have a family plan with 1,000 some odd minutes and unlim data,picture,text, and 3 Palm Pre's which rum about $150/Mo
    anez: the cost of 2 iPhones on a family plan that is compareable is $200 alone
    Dustin: I understand your cost concerns. However, the network that AT&T provides is superior to that of any other provider, and the iPhone is an absolutely incredible phone.
    anez: how is AT&T's network "superior" to others?
    anez: and yes i know how incredible the iPhone is because i used to have onr on T-Mobile's network
    Dustin: Our network is the largest available, so you get coverage in places that other providers cannot give you. We are also consistently among the fewest dropped calls among all providers.
    Dustin: Let's go ahead and get you set up now!
    anez: what would the cost of 3iPhones with data, unlim txt,picture messaging and 1,400 minutes?
    Dustin: Picture messaging is currently not available with the iPhone. The total cost would be $219.98.
    anez: *gasps* no picture messaging? why its in the iPhone 3.0 software update. why is AT&T not letting iPhone use that ability?
    Dustin: MMs is scheduled to become available by the end of summer.
    anez: can i tether with my iPhone if i decide to switch?
    Dustin: Tethering is not available with the iPhone at this time.
    anez: when is that available?
    Dustin: I do not have information regarding tethering becoming available for the iPhone.
    anez: ok. i have a question
    anez: data for iPhone is unlimited right?
    Dustin: That is correct.
    anez: lets hypothetically say i used over 5GB of data in a month somehow, that would be ok?
    Dustin: With the iPhone, the data plan is unlimited.
    anez: right. well i have read in the fine print of sprints unlimited data plan if i did that they could terminate my account. and AT&T will not do this?
    Dustin: I am not aware of any such policy with AT&T.
    anez: ok well thank you for your time this early in the morning. i will look into the iPhone later.
    i ended it there because i was tired and didnt feel like going into detail about how much more i can do with pre like multitasking and MMS!
    Last edited by kenfly; 07/10/2009 at 04:11 AM. Reason: add color to make more readable
    Apparently the guy was ready to set you up without letting you finish your questionnaire. I switch from ATT/iPhone to the the Pre/Sprint, and I am way more happy with Sprint and Pre. I actually have yet to get a dropped call on Sprint, whereas with ATT, although not often, I could drop a call or two sometimes.

As far as rollover minutes go, well, they do come in handy (not for me). I realized I had so many minutes accumulated because I never went over my plan minutes and kept having the difference rolled over. The consumer will usually get a minute plan that's appropriate for his or her individual use. Most will never even use their rolled over minutes or even go over their original minutes. I think I only used my rolled over minutes three or four times and I was with ATT since 1996 to 2009 when the Pre came out.
    Wow, you must have a lot of time on your hands with your iPhone envy. I seriously don't understand why so many users here spend so much time thinking and worrying about the iPhone. Actions speak louder than words.
    what was the point of this? to make a sales person that's just doing their job feel bad? because i think most everyone knows the deal with sprint and at&t, so why rehash it? that was really mean of you.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    CSR's just frustrate the crap out of me. It reminds me of that commercial where the guy has the smiling card board cut out that keeps repeating "Great! 5,000 units". Every I talk to a rep they're in a rush to get me off of the phone, to get me signed up without answering my questions or to get me sent off to someone else. The powers that be above them fail to see the cost benefit in providing quality first and speed second.
    Socking it to an ATT rep who couldn't give a rats hindquarters that you have the Pre = Fail.

Enjoy your phone and let the Iphone users live in peace. (And let them leave the Pre users alone as well.)

Love the Pre!
    Last edited by pogeypre; 07/10/2009 at 12:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    what was the point of this? to make a sales person that's just doing their job feel bad? because i think most everyone knows the deal with sprint and at&t, so why rehash it? that was really mean of you.
    Agreed wasting his time and yours. What was the point?

CSR's just frustrate the crap out of me. It reminds me of that commercial where the guy has the smiling card board cut out that keeps repeating "Great! 5,000 units". Every I talk to a rep they're in a rush to get me off of the phone, to get me signed up without answering my questions or to get me sent off to someone else. The powers that be above them fail to see the cost benefit in providing quality first and speed second
    CSR's are timed by the powers that be because of customers surveys says, long waits and hold times. Well if the customers were patient while in que we could take the time to answer questions and not feel rushed.
    Every second has to be accounted for. Double edge sword here. Customers cant wait 10-20 mins in que to talk to someone. Which if you were at a store face to face you maybe in line waiting the same amount of time too. CSR deals with more customers then some one at the store. They have a hard job and big brothers always watching. Customers expect to call and have someone pick up right away but thats not the case. If it was they'd have 3-4 times the CSR and your plans would be more to pay there salaries.
    Big waste of time, not as funny as i thought it would be
    kinda funny..

I was thinking about hopping on the iphone bandwagon last year, but the plans are outragous to me with no flexabilty. The iphone 3g did same functions as my treo 755p, just looked a lil hipper.

Now i feel like we are ****ting on iphone with the Pre. I am glad i waited and soooo glad palm got there act together in the nick of time.

Sprint and palm loyalist have caught alot of flack (at least I have) from apple groupies over the past year or so about how behind the we were for not jumping ship. Now we have the best device out hands down, dopest community of developers, and frankly 2 companies that really seem to want to have great products for thier customers to tinker with and use to the full capabilities.

With that being said, Long Live Palm!!! and I really hope Sprint doesnt sell themselves into non-existance...

All you Pre junkies on here are friggin awesome!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Wow! Kinda funny put kinda not. How do I talk to one of these AT&T reps? I can asure you that AT&T does not have the fastest or largest 3G network and that their network is a piece of sh**. How do I know? I have the Black 32GB iPhone 3GS. They neglect there network because iPhone customers pay them tons of money so they feel like they can chill. When GSM Pre comes out, sell iPhone and swapin the sim. Goin to T-Mobile as they have 3G in my area and giving AT&T the finger. T-Mobile is fairly priced.
    what the &^%$ was the point in that??
    Way to waste a guys time by asking questions you already have the answers to....
  13. 8er
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Picked the Pre because it was the best S offered at upgrade time. iphones are too bulky for me, pre is just right