Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The following is a quote from:
    Pondering Over The Palm Pre 2 Smartphone - ITProPortal.com

The Pre is already more than seven months old and by the time it will reach the UK and Europe at the end of the year, there are chances that rumors of a Pre 2 smartphone will be circulating.

It is likely that Palm has already started working on the next version of the handset after receiving a promising initial reception at CES back in January and very encouraging sales figure in June 2009.

Palm may well choose to stick to the current format which has not been as badly criticized as the Jay Leno inspired HTC G1 Android phone whose "chiseled chin" had to be trimmed slightly.

The new Pre may or may not come with a keyboard. The jury is still out there although we can discount two different versions of the phone. The screen might possibly be extended to a 3.5-inch model which would put in on par with the iPhone.

Storage wise, the fact that it comes "only" with 8GB has been viewed by many as an inconvenient given that most other rivals like the G2 or the N97 offer a microSD card reader option.

The Pre 2 should either double or quadruple the internal memory
    or allow user to add more memory through an optional memory card.

Read more: Pondering Over The Palm Pre 2 Smartphone - ITProPortal.com
    I expect an OLED screen on the next flagship WebOS phone. (hopefully to sprint haha)
    If the Palm Pre 2 doesn't have a physical keyboard, i'm going to be very unhappy...
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I think that this can't really be assumed to be anything other than a wishlist by the author.
    It doesn't appear to be founded on anything or repeated anywhere else. I think bringing out a second version before the first version has been out for 1-2 years makes no real sense.

I agree with the comment on the lack of keyboard. I would certainly not be purchasing one if that where true.

What I do think is possible is that Palm will release a landscape keyboard based device, but not at least for a year
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    I expect an OLED screen on the next flagship WebOS phone. (hopefully to sprint haha)
    It better be on Sprint! I'm never leaving my 27% discount and good network quality!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by as147 View Post
    I think that this can't really be assumed to be anything other than a wishlist by the author.
    It doesn't appear to be founded on anything or repeated anywhere else. I think bringing out a second version before the first version has been out for 1-2 years makes no real sense.
    Like the Blackberry Storm 2????
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Am I the only one wondering how this guy sees the pre as being 7 months old? It been 1 month from release day granted development wise its much older but. I don't get it
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Yeah the Pre is so yesterday...
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    It better be on Sprint! I'm never leaving my 27% discount and good network quality!
    here here on the 27% discount! great thing is I don't even work at the same place that got me the discount...haha
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
  10. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    The article says the Pre is seven months old.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a refresh of Palm's flagship phone once a year. That's about the time frame that Apple releases new phones... It obviously works for them.

I sure wouldn't mind... The Goat gets a one year upgrade for the premier stuff.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhumberger View Post
    The Pre is already more than seven months old and by the time it will reach the UK and Europe at the end of the year, there are chances that rumors of a Pre 2 smartphone will be circulating.
    Seriously? This post is saying "it's possible that soon there will be rumors about a Pre 2"? If it was saying "there are rumors about a Pre 2" then maybe, but this? This is pointless.

Not only that, it discounts the idea of there being multiple devices, when the Eos is already under discussion as an additional device. So aside from being pointless it just seems flat-out uninformed.
    Good can't wait to see it.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    The article says the Pre is seven months old.
    7 months old from when it first announced at CES perhaps?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Edit.
    Last edited by mr2man07; 07/09/2009 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Misread the article.
    I think they are going to follow through on pixie. Pixie=treo pro+webos
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I read that the Palm Eos would likely be the next Palm device targeted perhaps directly at the enterprise Blackberry crowd judging from the conceptual art I have seen. here is a link,

Palm Eos - the next Palm webOS smartphone?

Seems like a logical move for Palm, given some of the mechanical design issues they have had with the sliding keyboard and with corporate Americas familiarity with the traditional crackberry form-factor.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I hope the slider gets improved (if there is a problem with it) because its a great form factor and we all appreciate the physical keyboard.

I can't believe they can't get it resolved, how many sliders do the standard manufacturers make and they ship millions. Look at the Nokia N series sliders (thinking of getting my wife the N86

I have been trawling the forumes and almost no issues with sliders there!
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I wonder if it has something to do with the slider being curved, whereas most sliders slide on a flat base... Because of the convex/concave slider interface if it twists slightly the screen pulls away from the base, while flat sliders simply twist a bit and rebound. Just a speculation.

All that said, I love the way the Pre feels in my hand, and have mastered the single-handed thumb slide open.
    I'd like to think that the next Palm Pre will have an OLED screen to save battery life (no backlight needed) and 32gb of storage. Hell if they had a 32gb Pre right now i'd upgrade.

Besides that, stronger, faster, thinner will follow i'm sure. They have the design down pat, just need to sand some rough edges.

Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast