Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dellibedaboss View Post
    Only physical improvements to me would be slightly larger screen and landscape keyboard.
    I agree with the larger screen but I do like the portrait keyboard. The current keyboard can be improved immensely by simply adding a little extra space for the top row of keys.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    If the Palm Pre 2 doesn't have a physical keyboard, i'm going to be very unhappy...
    I mos def agree!!
    What if the Pre 2 had a more tablet form factor. Same width, but as long as the Pixi is. The entire device is a touch screen with a virtual keyboard similar to the one that webOS Internals has created. It would have up to 32GB of storage, 512mb ram, 5 mb camera w/ photo flash, at least 1500 mm/h battery, OLED screen, BGN Wifi, and simultaneous Data and Voice overEVDO revA.

The physical keyboard would be kept on a new Treo / Pixi that would have a candy bar form factor. The diferental between the two would be wifi, speed, and ram (all high on the Treo, low on the Pixi) while the camera (high on the Pixi, low on Treo).

What do you think?
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Trackball, a side mounted keyboard, micro SD, OLEM screen, 5mp HD capable camera.

I would sell my kidney for it.
    id really appreciate if the pre-2 had a keyboard that could slide vertically and horizontally
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    If this is true I think Palm is making a BAD NO NO! Releasing the Pre2 before users initial Pre 2 year contracts are up will be a mess! So many users will be frustrated they wasted their money on the Pre when they could have waited for the Uon. I highly doubt that Palm would make that mistake. Their best bet is to improve the WebOS and get a stable product before creating a version 2.
    Everyone except those on single EPRP plans qualifies for Sprint Premier which gets you a yearly upgrade so no issue there for the vast majority of people.

simultaneous Data and Voice overEVDO revA
    Not currently possible with CMDA, this may change with 4G.

My wish list?

Keep the same basic form factor, including a vertical physical keyboard.
    Larger OLED screen ~3.5 inches, nothing crazy or the device gets to big.
    4G
    Top mounted LED notification light
    dedicates send/end keys
    Better battery life
    16GB internal memory
    MicroSD slot
    Better camera with video
    Compatible with Touchstone
    Faster processor
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    My addition to the wish list, although I figure its not gonna happen, is to put the usb port on the bottom of the phone where it belongs... trying to talk with the car adapter plugged in is a PITA.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    What if the Pre 2 had a more tablet form factor. Same width, but as long as the Pixi is. The entire device is a touch screen with a virtual keyboard similar to the one that webOS Internals has created. It would have up to 32GB of storage, 512mb ram, 5 mb camera w/ photo flash, at least 1500 mm/h battery, OLED screen, BGN Wifi, and simultaneous Data and Voice overEVDO revA.

The physical keyboard would be kept on a new Treo / Pixi that would have a candy bar form factor. The diferental between the two would be wifi, speed, and ram (all high on the Treo, low on the Pixi) while the camera (high on the Pixi, low on Treo).

What do you think?
    I agree with this. Something that could compete with the new HTC Hero style and looks. That is where the top phones are at right now. If the HTC Hero had WebOS Id be switching for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Am I the only one wondering how this guy sees the pre as being 7 months old? It been 1 month from release day granted development wise its much older but. I don't get it
    Got my Pre June 5th.
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
    My addition to the wish list, although I figure its not gonna happen, is to put the usb port on the bottom of the phone where it belongs... trying to talk with the car adapter plugged in is a PITA.
    ++1 for this! *** was Palm thinking when they put it on the side? Is there some logical reason that I am not understanding for putting it on the side?
    i think they should look to release two seperate devices one with a keyboard and one without. sort of like the touch pro and the diamond. Personally the physical keyboard is THE reason i went with it over the iphone. That said, I also think that in the long run Palm really will want to follow the android/Microsoft model of licensing it's os and getting it on a lot of platforms. I don't think they will but part of the reason windows has been a dominant platform in the pc space is Microsoft didn't try have total control over making the hardware while Apple did.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    ... That said, I also think that in the long run Palm really will want to follow the android/Microsoft model of licensing it's os and getting it on a lot of platforms. I don't think they will but part of the reason windows has been a dominant platform in the pc space is Microsoft didn't try have total control over making the hardware while Apple did.

certainly MS's plan was much wiser than apples go it alone with PC's.

But I'm not sure that plays out the same with the smartphone market since it seems integration/tweaking is so important with handhelds.

MS licenses their winmo all over and it still sucks- palm was like the only one that could make a decent winmo device- all the rest are buggy and have weird quirks. The iphone kills the market for a single device and apple runs the hardware and software, and Nokia wins marketshare worldwide with their hardware/software combo. Google does seems to be making inroads but to date there's only one manufacturerwith their devices in the real world- right? So it's I'd bet that HTC and google work together closely at this point- almost like they are a single company doing both.

The marketplace is still very young so i suppose thigs could change- so things could sure change though...
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    It better be on Sprint! I'm never leaving my 27% discount and good network quality!
    Dang I ONLY get 25%
    I agree with the portrait keyboard. I love it. A little extra space above the top row of keys would eliminate most people's complaints. It's a quick typer!
    If another Pre comes out, I hope Palm takes their time making it. It seems a lot of cell phones and smartphones are coming out before all the bugs are fixed. They should at least wait another year to see how this Palm Pre plus works out for them. Palm could be big if they had less problems to deal with, but then again, that would go for all smartphone companies.
    As long as its released on or after June 6th so I can use my Premier one-year upgrade thingie!

Then I can pass my Pre down to the stepson and let him play his own games (keeps messing with my career progress on Asphalt 5)!

But here is what I want:

3.7" OLED with some technology to make it better in direct sunling
    At least as much RAM as the Pre+
    Faster Processor (dual core 600mhz should do me well)
    16GB+ storage
    802.11 N
    Portrait Sliding Keyboard
    1500mah battery
    Top-Front mounted Speaker
    id love a 4.3" touch screen, (HD2 style) AMOLD 480*800

1024mb RAM/ROM
    1GHz A9 TEGRA 2 SOC
    wireless N
    64GB storage or less with mSD
    1500mah battery dounds good,
    vetical kb is perfect
    I think Palm should definitely do this... i see a lot of parallels with the Newton and the Pilot with the iPad and Palm's Pad. THere are so mANy things that APple did wrong with the iPad the same way that the Newton did many things wrong...

the tablet done right.... the Palm Pad!!!
    If Palm can get 4G in the Pre 2 and have close a ton more apps around it's announcement, I can just see the new commercials (if they do it right)...

"Looking for a good place to eat? There's an app for that.

Looking for better coverage than America's leading carrier? There's a map for that.

Looking for a smartphone with the most affordable 2 year contract? There's a plan for that.

Introducing the Palm Pre 2. The only phone that can do it all, and can do it all at once, and do it at 4G speeds. Only on America's fastest and only 4G network. Only on the Pre 2."
    This is what I think Palm will do with the Pre 2.

I see them improving on the Pre and addressing feedback. I think they will make the entire phone slightly bigger to accommodate a larger screen. Probably a 3.5" which seems like the sweet spot. With the bigger screen will come more resolution, a jump from 320x480 to 640x960.

The bigger overall size of the Pre 2 will also allow for a bigger keyboard, which should make the people with bigger hands happy.

As far as internals go I see Palm continuing down the OMAP path, using the new OMAP4 chipset with the Cortex A9. I think Palm should jump past the Snapdragon and Tegra 2 in favor of the OMAP4, but timing will be tough. I don't think the OMAP4 will be ready for them to launch the Pre 2 by this summer. So we might see the Pre Plus come to Sprint in the summer then the launch of the Pre 2 later in the year.

We will see...whatever it is I will get it!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast