1.    #1  
    Subject says it all...

Personally, I think Tweed blows. Some basic things I want from a Twitter client, 1) upload photos (d0y), 2) update location to something meaningful other than longitude and latitude without having to type in the location name, know what i mean?

So how do you upload photos to Twitter and/or Facebook?
    Just have a contact setup to email twitpic and attach the pic to the email.

Facebook photo upload functionality is already built in.
  3. thekaitlin
    I use Tweetphoto. You get a 4 digit code from them and basically you can send a picture/tweet to twittername.4444@tweetphoto.com - the subject line is the tweet and the photo is appended with a shortened url.

Don't know about location information though - I know you can do it through Tweed; not sure about Spaz, and not sure if you could do location information with the pictures.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I send mine to my flickr2twitter email address and it then posts the pic on flickr, sends out a tweet with a link and posts it on my facebook wall. Doesn't get any easier than that!

http://mashable.com/2009/06/30/twitter2flickr/
    Last edited by mattickus; 07/09/2009 at 01:05 PM. Reason: adding a link
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpeepers View Post
    Subject says it all...

Personally, I think Tweed blows. Some basic things I want from a Twitter client, 1) upload photos (d0y), 2) update location to something meaningful other than longitude and latitude without having to type in the location name, know what i mean?

So how do you upload photos to Twitter and/or Facebook?
    Currently no SDK application has the ability to upload. So it's not Tweed or Spaz's fault that they can not do this.

I'm not certain that there is any application that will really automatically remember location names. I think you can tell Spaz the name of the current coords before you post.

That aside these are valid points but, unfortunately issues that Palm has to fix.

I personally send emails with attachments to twitpic.
    I use the TwitPic and named my Twitter contact as A Twitter so it's 1st of the list when I pull up the E-mail app. it's worked Great

I set the direct upload for Photobucket and thought you could do the same with Facebook (don't have so haven't tried)
    Now possible with the updated Spaz.
    I go to twitpic on my phone log in then click on the email link and send the picture
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thekaitlin View Post
    I use Tweetphoto. You get a 4 digit code from them and basically you can send a picture/tweet to twittername.4444@tweetphoto.com - the subject line is the tweet and the photo is appended with a shortened url.

Don't know about location information though - I know you can do it through Tweed; not sure about Spaz, and not sure if you could do location information with the pictures.
    This is exactly how twitpic works.

If I want to upload a pic, I take the pic, click on share via email, type "tw" to bting up my twitpic email address from my address book, and off it goes.
  10. zxi
    Yeah, I use twitpic also.

I saw tweed is supposed to support photos in the next updated version
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    I email pictures to my Posterous account (Posterous - The place to post everything. Just email us. Dead simple blog by email.). You can link it to all kinds of things (like facebook, myspace, tumblr, twitter, etc... much like ping.fm) and it will push out to whatever services you want. You can also selectively post to certain services once you have the links set up. Plus, it creates a tumblr-like blog for you of all your posts.
    TwitPic directly. Spaz added it, but the utility of being launched into Mail + Attachment is outweighed by Tweed's ability to update in the background without the main card running. Neither app is perfect, but first with native uploading wins. Your move, Palm.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=ImNoPrince;1741289]I use the TwitPic and named my Twitter contact as A Twitter so it's 1st of the list when I pull up the E-mail app. it's worked Great

Great minds think alike. I've been using TwitPic with a contact name of A TwitPic for a few weeks.
    As an update, Tweed v0.9.10 was submitted on 6/13/09. When it's pushed to the app catalogue it will also include email twitpic(or other) like Spaz now has.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    I post to Posterous which is then hooked up to Flickr, etc. It took a while to configure but works nicely.

Posterous