1. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    How long do you think Palm is going to keep the Centro/PalmOS in their line up?

And do you think they're going to maintain a WinMo phone in their product line-up for some time to come?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    How long do you think Palm is going to keep the Centro/PalmOS in their line up?

And do you think they're going to maintain a WinMo phone in their product line-up for some time to come?
    didnt they mention last week, that it is nearing EOL?

i think soon after the pixie.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I'd assume that Palm is looking at Webos as their future meal tickets. In the shareholders call they went so far as to say that they dont think its taboo to let someone else make the hardware for webos(although no immediate plans) I would assume that means they are moving torward an OS company as opposed to a handset maker. If thats the case it wouldnt make sense to support another OS. My thoughts at least.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I thought shortly before the pre was announced that they said they were going with 3 product lines- one for busines (that I thought was going to remain winmo?), one for high end consumers (clearly was treo and now Pre zone), and one for low end consumers (clearly was centro)?

so the question is is the pixie/eos to replace the centro and the enterpirse versions will remain winmo, or is imaybe the Pixie/EOS an attempt to make an business version of webos with the familiar corporate email formfactor of a front facing keyboard?

or maybe there's a couple different type of webos devices to come out soon??? - THAT would be the coolest.
    Didn't they try this "I'm a software maker" business before when they licensed their OS to a bunch of other vendors. (Sony, etc). It didn't work out so good back then.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    could they have just meant that they will let HTC make the phones like they did with some of the treos?
    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    could they have just meant that they will let HTC make the phones like they did with some of the treos?
    Exactly. I would not be opposed to that. I mean seriously when did palm make sliders anyways?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Exactly. I would not be opposed to that. I mean seriously when did palm make sliders anyways?
    Not a phone, but the Tungsten T and T2 were sliders. (I loved my T2 back in the day ... before it got run over by a car)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)